Chapter 13 Catching you up in a different point of view part 1

Wonder what Eli's other self has been doing all this time?

Elise POV (right were the last chapter left off)

I left the school and decided to search around the city. It was more lively here then I thought it'd be. In the otherworld, places like this are usually a ghost town, only with few otherselves since we otherselves don't normally stay in one spot for very long. We normally travel from place to place. Mostly trying to survive for the sake of our human counter parts. If we die, our human counterparts' memories die with us, completely erasing who they once were. Memories make up their personalities. Without memories, they are nothing but empty shells, somewhat like us, only they think there's no point in living when they have nothing, which normally results in suicide.

There's been many suicides in the human world which resulted in otherselves disappearing permanently in ours. When we die, we come back a few hours later so our human counterparts could make new memories, new pain, new lives. We also start over.

Having walked around for a while searching for clues, an old woman walked up to me.

"So... did you enjoy the gift I gave your friend? She said she was going to share it."

I didn't know whether I had a voice to speak out loud or not, but I tried anyways. "A-a....g-gi-gift?" My voice was very raspy, due to not ever speaking out loud.

"Hehe, hope you and your friends survive the curse." She smiled and then walked away laughing.

A curse? Oh no!

I ran back to the school.

As I was running through the halls I came to a fast stop when I caught a glimpse of Notomi, who I think used her ability to close and lock the doors of a room that I'm pretty sure this world's Maki, Nico and Eli walked into. She turned farther away from where I was standing, which gave me the chance to charge.

I frosted my hand and charged at her. As I grabbed a hold of her, I placed my frosted hand on her mouth and sealed it shut. I caught a glimpse of someone sneaking away, but I couldn't worry about that now. I took my other hand and basically turned Notomi into a living ice sculpture.

Once I was sure she won't be moving any time soon, I ran away.

I'm leaning against a window in an empty class that I walked in to earlier after the incident with Notomi. It appeared that classes have all ended for the day and that's why not many people are in the building.

As I was thinking to myself, someone barged in. I somewhat panicked but then calmed once I realized who it was. The same figure I saw sneak away.

I recognized her energy and looked her in the eye smiling. "Notomi is taken care of. I assume Maki, Eli and Nico are out safely."

"Yes"

"Our human counterparts will still be in danger. While only three of us are still sane. We alone won't be able to keep everyone in μ's safe. We are outnumbered. Three to six."

"Yes, I know. That only means we need to grow stronger. Not just us three but our human counterparts as well. We are stronger as one after all." She replied while taking off her jacket.

What she meant was that the close we are to our counterparts, the stronger we become. And if we were to unite with them and become one we gain an unknown power. Not sure what kind of power since no one has ever tried before.

After talking for a while, she put her jacket and her hood back on and left the class room. I jumped out the window and went down one level before jumping into the classroom and exiting out that rooms door.

As I was walking around I heard a bang. I ran towards the direction of the sound and saw Makino pinning Rin to the wall in a choke hold while Nikowa was watching with a stupid grin on her face and Umino trying to hold back her counterpart who was panicking.

Guess I better help

I rushed in towards Makino. Nikowa noticed me and tried to block my path but I jumped over her and Makino and landed behind Makino, which resulted in her losing her grip on Rin. Both Makino and Nikowa charged at me, ready for a fight and I kept dodging.

"Damn you...out of our way!" Makino said as she threw a punch at me.

I lost sight of Nikowa but I bet she teleported somewhere behind me. Before Makino could land her punch on me I jumped at the last minute, and sure enough, Nikowa was behind me. Makino punched Nikowa in the face while Nikowa kicked Makino in the crotch. I laughed. Even though our pain tolerance was high and we weren't males. It was still funny to see. Would be funnier if Makino was a dude.

I decided to leave while the two were arguing with eachother.

I was running around trying to look for new clues other then something our counterparts did which triggered the curse. I'm not sure of what the curse is specifically but I have an idea that we otherselves are part of it. That woman earlier said something about a gift, which doesn't exactly help much. I don't know whether the gift is big or small.

After a while I saw Nikowa and Makino again but this time they were with Notomi. Wait...no that's Nozomi!

Nozomi seeing me would be bad. Wait...

"We have a problem. Nikowa and Makino found Nozomi and are targeting her. You are better with frontal attacks then I am. I need you here now" I sent the telepathic message to Umino. Took a lot of effort but it worked.

Once she found me I went straight to it. "I have an idea but first where are the other members of μ's?"

"I was just with Honoka, Umi, Kotori, and Rin."

"Where?"

"The other side of the school"

"This may be risky but take off your jacket and head down to where Nozomi is and pretend to be your human counterpart."

"WHAT!? Are you out of you mind? One, because of my somewhat severed link to my human counterpart, my personality is different. Two, we all agreed not to let ourselves be discovered. And three, did I mention my personality is completely different because of the link somewhat breaking!?"

"Hehe, if anyone could pull it off, you could. Besides, I don't think we need to worry about personality differences. Believe it or not, Even with the link partially broken, our personalities are still very similar to our counterparts. May have a slight difference, but it's not noticeable. Also looks like Nozomi is handling Nikowa with no trouble." We both looked back to what was going on and true enough, Nozomi was doing the washi washi on Nikowa. All Umino needs to do is handle Makino.

"Alright, you win. I still don't know why you're not going to do this instead of me. I'm sure you're better suited then I am."

"I would, but I have some more snooping around to do. After all, out of the nine of us, I'm the best at stealth."

"Can't argue with you there. Okay."she signed but eventually she handed me her little "disguise and went towards Nozomi.

"No-Nozomi, what's going on?" She asked Nozomi.

I laughed. "Real smooth there."

"Shut up."

I laughed again and then headed out.