15

"Kay.. Why were you staring at that girl?" i asked, running my hands through my hair. Brandon sat closer to me and scratched the side of his lip.

"I.. I guess i just recognised who she was.." he sighed. I looked at him in confusion. "It was Charlotte." My face dropped at her name. It made me remember the time i met her - the blank but evil face she gave me, indicating that she didn't want me near her man. I sighed.

"Oh.." I said, looking down, feeling bad for Brandon.

"She isn't dating anyone yet... But..." He paused. "I shouldn't really have to say this to you as my girlfriend but.." I looked at him as he built up what he was going to say.

"I really miss her." He buried his face into his arms, which were resting on his legs. Even though i was his girlfriend, i was also his best friend so i had to comfort him. I hugged him tightly and soon we were cuddling under the sheets, taking in each other's scent (lol that sounded weird af but u know what i mean).

"S-Sorry for thinking you were cheating.." I whispered. He smiled.

"It's okay." He whispered back, making me smile. We both jumped as the door opened quickly.

"GUYS! THERE'S A FIRE! GET OUT NOW!" Austin shouted, opening the door widely so light could illuminate the room.

Is the fire alarm not working!?

Brandon and i held hands and ran out the room and looked around for any dangers. Brandon was about to run but i stopped him.

"There's no fire." I stood still.

"Bro, are you kidding me? This is FIREEEE!" Austin walked up to us with his phone in his hand as he played "ICON" by Jayden Smith at a loud volume. I rolled my eyes at Austin as Brandon shook his head.

"You can't do that bro." Brandon groaned, running his hands though his hair in disappointment.

"What's going on?" Edwin joined.

"Mr Slit Ends scared the living shit out of us." I said, making everyone laugh.

"Okay Miss Spotty Face." Austin joked.

"These, my friend, are freckles. Go book an appointment at the opticians, please." I said, pointing at each freckle that lay on my face.

"Guys, where's nick?" Zion came, with his phone in his hand.

"Don't know.. Probably went to see Alexys or something." Brandon suggested.

"Oouu, his babyyy!" I winked and laughed.

"Speaking of babes," Zion said, putting his hands in his pockets and looking my way. I tried to hide the red shade on my cheeks by pretending to sneeze so i could cover my face.

"God bless you." Austin said, looking directly at me. I could tell he knew the sneeze was fake.

"Thanks." I murmured.

"Cleo, can i talk to you?" Zion continued. I looked up at Brandon, who shrugged. I took a deep breath and nodded, following Zion to the back yard. We sat on the large swing and stared at how beautiful the pool was.

"What did you wanna talk about?" i looked at the dreaded boy. He sighed and looked down.

"I have a bad feeling about your relationship with Brandon." he spat. I shook my head.

"Why though?"

"I just know that it won't make you guys feel comfortable. I mean, we kissed and now you're dating my best friend?"

"Exactly!" i said, "And you're dating my therapist! Zion, i dont wanna go through this argument again.." i stood up to walk back into the house but then Zion held my arm as he stood up. He turned me around and brought me closer to him.

"I'll break up with Rose. Only if you break up with Brandon. That way, you'll have me all to yourself." he said quietly, staring into my eyes. He held my chin lightly, pulling my face closer to his. Then, my lips touched his, moving in sync with each other. I couldn't step back from this kiss - mainly because.. I really like Zion. In fact, I think i love Zion.