Chapter XV

I WAS 17 when I learned one of my first important lessons

I WAS 17 when I learned one of my first important lessons. Never show your weakness.
   It has been 4 years since then. Not much happen. I went through my life in the motion of my stricter schedule. They trained me even harder to be "field" ready. Everyday I felt I was ready but they were to scared to test me out. They were cautious not wanting all the time they spent on me to be a waste. The boy who cause my inflictions slowly disappeared from my mind and when I try to remember who I showed my identity that day. I would only be able to recall a mad with a red light weapon. Which I found out is actually called a light saber.
     One prices that comes with having some one control who you see and what happens to you. Is that you don't know people long enough to form bonds. But in the case of Leo it is different. He has some how managed to stay my medical specialist for the past year.
  Each day when I walk through the door I brace myself for the pain of realizing that they replaced Leo. But it never happens. Some how Leon convinced Phasma and the other officials that I need a medical staff on site at all time to make sure nothing happens. And somehow Leonhappens to be that Medical staff.
     We become really close and it feels almost like we are brother and sister but there is a tension between us that prevents that. I don't know what it is but whenever I see his eyes my stomach feels like I just flew a TIE fighter in hundreds of loops.
     Leo and I sit on a coach in the main hallway. We just sit there is silent but it isn't awkward. Our shoulders brush against each other as everything at peace. Slowly I feel something brush against my hand and then a strong grip raps their fingers around me hand.
    I look at our hands intertwined startled but then I look at Leo and I am met with a caring and loving look that I can't help but smile back at.
    Suddenly a door slides open and I abruptly shake Leo's hand out of mine standing up at attention. Leo quickly follows my suit as we both clasp our hands behind our back.
      Captain Phasma strides in flanked by the two troopers that punished me. Rage burns within me as I lock my eyes on the people who inflicted so much pain.
   "Doctor Starkins you are excused." Phasma sternly states as she nods her head. Leo gives me one quick look then hurries into another room.
    "SN2198," ever since my disobedience Phasma has stopped calling me by Sal. Something changed between us but I try to ignore it. "Congratulations, you have finally graduated to the last level. You have proven that you are field ready. Therefore you will be joining us in our next mission. You will have 48 hours to prepare yourself."
     "Yes Captain!" I shout back as I stare at the wall above Phasma's head.
    "Now we cant be sending our greatest weapon into battle without armor." She flicks her hand and the two troopers heave out a case I hadn't noticed before. "In this case you will find your armor. If you have any questions make sure to ask me. Also you will notice a disk in the case that will tell you all about out mission."
    The case is huge and sliver. My eyes flick towards it verify but I stand still.
I bring my fingers up to my brown and give her a salute. With a sharp nod she turns around and walks out the door.
   However the two troopers hang back. I stare at them with murderous eyes.
I break the silence as I smirk at the troopers, "Now come on we are all troopers here. There is no need for those masks."
  They look at each other and seem
to mentally agree with each other as they take their helmets off in unison.
   LN3476 ketches my eye first. He has dark eyes that are so black you can't see his pupils. His eyes are almond shaped almost looking like something is pulling up corners. He has olive skin with little to no scares which is unusual for troopers. His black hair wisps upward and towards the top his dark hair changes to a bleach blond.
      Next to LN I watch GN2261 with curiosity. I look in to his piercing blue eyes. His fair skin is littered with freckles. But what ketches my eyes is his hair. What hangs from his head looks like a mop. It is brown and gets lighter as it reaches the tips but it seems as if his hair clumped together to make thick strands.
     They both grin at me as GN cockily States, "See something you like?"
    I wrinkle my nose in distaste as I spat out, "Oh get over yourself."
    "Ah so the mutant has an attitude." LN nudges GN as they both laugh sarcastically.
       I ball up my fists as LN walks up to me. He circled me as I stare at GN and all he does is just smirk. I can feel LN grab a strand of my hair as I whip around throwing a fist.
    LN catches the punch with his hand in mid air. As he moves an eye brown as if he was disappointed. "Nice try Mutt but I  wouldn't try that again. Because you know someone might tell the big boss lady what you did. And you know what will happen next."
      The sudden urge to kill both troopers grows with in me. I clench my jaw as I huff out frustration. I stand In Between both troopers as my eyes flicker back and forth. Something in my brain snaps as I blank out.
    Abruptly I sprint towards GN he doesn't move fast enough because he doesn't see my attack fast enough. I swipe his feet out from under neath him as I pin him to the ground. I can sense LN running towards me as I hear his battle cry. I jump up from the ground and in the process I spin around using my momentum to kick LN in the side of his rib. The impact sends him flying towards the wall. As I rush towards him and hold the dagger up to his throat.
     LN takes in short breaths as fear flashes across his expression. I sense GN try to get up and while still staring at LN I say, "Unless you want me to kill you now I wouldn't move."
     I stare into LN's eyes as I grip the handle of the dagger tighter getting ready to slit his throat. All he does is stare at me. Suddenly something clicks within me realizing what I was about to do.  as I shake my head and pull away the knife stepping back.
   LN  lets out a breath he had been holding in. "Your crazy mutt."
   Quickly he helps up GN as they rush out of the room. But before they leave GN turns to face me. "You May have one this one mutant but this is the last time." And with that they slam the door shut. Leaving me alone as I stare at my hands.
     I faintly hear the dagger clatter to the ground but i don't register anything. As only the fear of what I can do sticks in my mind.

 As only the fear of what I can do sticks in my mind

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!