Chapter XLIV

THE YAVIN4 colony is on the other side of the moon

THE YAVIN4 colony is on the other side of the moon. Meaning there is an endless amount of mile trek in front of us.
    Once daylight breaks we take what we had when we got "stranded" here and hike out into the jungle.
   There not much to say about this jungle. Just trees, trees and an occasional a colorful Bush. Though for Kylo the landscape is boring I found everything amazing. I kept my eyes open at all times trying to absorb everything.
Everything was new to me. The different colors the smells and I wanted to know everything. I found myself asking stupid questions that I knew was annoying Kylo but I couldn't stop.
"Why is the sky blue? What is that smell! Oh my goodness this flower is so pretty! Hey does this leaf look different then the last one? How do trees absorb sunlight? Why haven't we seen any creatures? What direction are we heading? Ohhhhh!"
Kylo whips around as his face is plaster with frustration and annoyance. "If I hear one more stupid un useful word come out of your mouth. I swear I will..." He is inches away from my face as his breath pants down on my face. His mouth turns to a snarl and with an exasperated huff he turns around and continues to use his saber to cut down the vines.
"Gosh you don't have to be rude." I mumble to myself. Kylo must have heard it because he turns back in my direction.
"What did you say?!"
For some reason i had gained confidence around Kylo that I know I didn't have before the battle. So I stand up for myself. "I said you don't have to be rude."
He strides over to me with an expression I had never seen before. I feel almost scared and the fact that his light saber is on doesn't help it. However I stand my ground. He comes inches away from me. His teeth clenched as he hisses at me. "You will not talk back to your superior."
I become defensive and a-little hurt I had thought that even in this situation he doesn't consider us equal. I push past him bumping his shoulder that doesn't have the light saber. I must have gone too deep in the water because instantly Kylo reaches out slamming me against a nearby tree placing his saber to my throat.
However I intisapate the move knowing how fiery he can get some times. So in one quickly motion once my back hits the tree I bring my leg up rapping it around the hand with the light saber. I use his arm swing as I kick him in the stomach with the other foot. The strength and angle I kick him at makes him do a front flip as I grab his saber from his hand and duck as he flips over my head. I grab one of my swords and his saber making and X patter as the two ends hover close to his neck.
I smirk not saying anything as I turn off the light saber throw it at him and begin to walk through the forest.
Kylo sits there dumbfounded at the skill this girl has. With dignity hurt he silently follows after the trooper.
We walk a little bit with me leading. I don't look back to see if Kylo is following. He action where uncalled for. He doesn't understand that the only thing I have ever seen was black and gray. Walls and ceilings. I have never even been outside of the First Order Base. My only interaction to the outside world was on Jedha and now Yavin 4.
Suddenly I stop. Kylo comes up next to me to see why we stopped moving.
I stand there shocked and confused. In front of me the trees clear. The green ish brown dirt turns to a tarnish green sand. What lies beyond the sand is what looks like a glass mirror. The reflective surface stretches pretty far but I can see Dirt on the other side. The mirror is in an almost circular shape but its organic shape makes me realize it isn't man made.
Blue and unmoving. "Why is there glass on the ground?" I genuinely have no idea what I am looking at fear begins to rise in my throat. But it is stopped by a laugh.
It's a short burst and I turn to Kylo glaring at him. I had never heard him laugh and I know that noise was about as much as I ever will.
His eyes dance with amusement as I cross my arms. I feel like did did when Leon mocked me. I face away from him hiding my disappointment.
Kylo places a tender hand in my shoulder. "Sal. I am sorry I never meant to hurt you."
"Your just like Leon. I can't trust anyone."
"Sal, Wait ..." I turn around shoving him away and crossing my arms over my chest not used to the feeling he is radiating off.
"No you wait. You can say that you understand or that your sorry. But you will never know. No one will ever know. You can laugh at me for not knowing what that is." I point at the mirror. "But you can't blame me. The only thing I have ever known was the First Order. I never knew there was anything out there beside what they allowed me to know."
I fall to the ground. Placing my hands in my lap. "I was brain washed. Manipulated since I was 7 and probably younger for all I know. Do you know that I can't remember anything before that terrible day when I first woke up in that god forsaken place. I don't even know who my parents are. If I have any."
Kylo kneels down facing me. Not really knowing what to do.
"Do you even know what it feels like to already know what you are going to be in the future. To know that one day that... that virus your people put in me will take control of my body. I am basically a shell. A sheep for their weapon to grow in. I am nothing."
  Kylo pulls me to his chest. His arms awkwardly rap around me. But then they grip me tighter. This is probably the most interaction he has had with someone in a long time. I sit there ridged in his arms but then relax as I melt into his sent.
"Sal you are nothing. But not to me."Kylo whispers
Something within me stirs. It's a feeling I felt before. It brings back emotions that Leo made me feel but I know this one is stronger. What Leon and I had was nothing compared to this. It reminds me of the first time I met Kylo. All those years ago when the worst thing I had to worry about was getting punished for letting someone see my face.
We sit like that for a while. Each of us enjoying the moment. We both needed this. His chin rest against my head as he brings a gloved hand to stroke my hair.
I break the comfortable silence as I say, "That is a lake isn't it?"
Kylo let's out a deep rumble in his throat as he replies. "Yeah it is."

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!I am soooo sorry guys for the late update

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!
I am soooo sorry guys for the late update. I don't have time to write this chapter last night and then today I got swamped. I am surprised I even finished today. Even though I am probably having the worst day I still wanted to let you guys know I still care about you.