Chapter XLVIII

THE LADY WALKS us through the crowd as we push through everyone

THE LADY WALKS us through the crowd as we push through everyone. We finally break through when we reach a room. A creature with a head of a fish and a body of a human guards the door way. The woman says something looking back at us. The fish thing gurgles and she motions for us to follow her. When we walk by the guard I give him a strange look. There are so many more species in the galaxy then I thought.
The room we walk in has two long tables on the sides were drunks and men watching holograms of dancing woman sit. In the middle there is a band where woman with green and blue skin dance. They wear barely anything an chains are clamped on their wrist and ankles. I instantly feel bad for these girls wanting to free them. The lights from the entrance cast a blue glow though the room is very dark.
I look at the chains on their wrist and my eyes travel to the end. On a platform behind the middle sits the fattest and grubbiest creature I have ever seen. The creature sits in a chair with big thick blubbery hands that hold the chains. His face is round with tusks protruding from his mouth. His rough skin looks greasy and he wears a too small shirt and short. Spikes litter his body as I stop not wanting to get close to him. Kylo however pushes me forward as I try to push backwards.
When we make it to the "owner" the lady who brought us in here sits on the creature's lap and whispers in his ear. She then jumps out of his lap and stands near his chair.
"So you want to uses my transmission." He voice booms across the room and his question seems more like a statement.
Kylo kneels down as I shakily follow his suit. "Yes Jimba this is what we inquire. We seek one to make contact with our base."
My head is bowed like Kylo as I widely flick my eyes towards Kylo confused and scared why he told him that.
"Ah and what base might that be?" Jimba says.
"The Resistance base on D'Qar."
Now I am even more confused by what Kylo says. I hear Kylo's voice but his lips arent moving. It is coming from my mind as he says. "Don't be frightened. I am using the Force to talk to you. I said we are in the Resistance to make our need for the transmission sound more urgent."
Are you sure you know what you are doing?
"Trust me."
"The Resistance? How curious." Jimba motions for someone in the back as the small creature brings out a small disc. "If I am not mistaken it seems like one of you might be a Jedi. But then I sense corruption."
Now it is both Kylo and I's turn to look at each other.
How did he know?
"I have no idea."
"Relax friends of the rebels. I can sense the Force just like you." He lifts his hand pointing at Kylo. "Though I was not trained in it is can still feel it. Here is the transmissioner. Use as you like but return it to me."
"Thank you." Kylo says as he steps up to the platform.
Jimba holds out a hand as he roughly says. "No let the girl get it."
I look between Kylo and Jimba as I take a gulp. Then I set my face in a firm line as I walk up the the little creature with the Transmissioner.
I snatch it out of his hand and turn to walk back. But then something grips my arm. I try to break away but the grip is to strong. Jimba pulls me towards him as I crash into his chest. I place a hand pushing away from him but he holds me in place. His breath smells like he just ate onions as I turn my head away. He then whispers to me in a voice so quiet Only I can hear.
"Be careful Trooper. You may be fooling the weak minded but not everyone here is weak." I keep my face straight as I say.
"Thank you Jimba for your generosity. I will make sure to mention you when we get to our base." I state plainly.
I walk back down the platform and I drag Kylo to a corner of the room where there aren't many people.
"They know." I harshly whisper.
"I know. We have to make this quick." I hand Kylo the transmissioner as I turn away to keep watch. Kylo faces the wall to hide from any people who are watching.
I scan the room as my eyes lock with Jimba. We have a staring contest as I cross my arms. Then he flicks his eyes to the side. I look confused then follow his eyes to the side.
The black and white jumpsuit woman who brought us here has her back to us. But you can see she is having a conversation. I tune my hearing into the conversation. I don't hear all of it but I do hear the most important. "Send them in. We have two of them." My eyes go wide as my eyes move back to Jimba.
A smile is spread across his face as I give him a nod of gratitude for telling me about the spy.
I turn to Kylo. "We need to go."
"I am almost done."
I grab Kylo's arm. "We need to go now." I gesture my head back towards the woman as he understands. Kylo types in a couple more things and then strides over to Jimba. He returns the Transmissioner as we begin to walk out the cantina.
I am tense the whole way out and once we get out of the stuffy atmosphere I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
We made it out before the Resistance came. I don't let my guard down yet as we stroll down the street trying to fit in.
However the Main Street is less crowded. In fact there is almost nobody there as that is when I realized something was wrong.

VOTE AND COMMENT!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!