Chapter XXIV

LEO LEFT THE ROOM a little bit after I told him I would come with him to the Resistance

LEO LEFT THE ROOM a little bit after I told him I would come with him to the Resistance. Giving my hands a reassuring squeeze and promise that he will tell the Resistance as fast as he can to get us out. He happily skips out the room.
I let a sigh out as I to walk out the door. I smile as I recall all the happy and wonderful memories I had with Leo. It's going to be harder then I thought to break my first love's heart.
I made my mind up before Leo had left my presence that I was going to have to betray him.
A storm trooper is an extension of the First Order... and nothing else. So what would I be if I wasn't with the First Order. I was born into the dark side there was no way I was going to betray it for my own happiness. The cause always comes first.
Though it pains me knowing that I will have to deceive Leo I know where my duties lie. Without hesitation I punch in a code that I had learned without anyone knowing. The code opened up the main door. Not having enough time to grab my armor I settle for my cloak. Pulling the hood over I step out. The door slide closed behind me. I take a deep breath knowing what I have to do.
The information I just inquired must be told to the highest rank immediately. Knowing that Phasma is my superior and my Captain I must tell her. Not entirely sure where Phasma is I take a guess.
I walk through the corridors with confidence trying not to look suspicious. After the recent battle the word of the "red soldier" had gotten around but no one knows who I really am. And I would like to keep it that way.
I Turn into a corridor where no one is and close my eyes. A mental map displays in my head as I trace a route to the counsel room. I know Phasma and the Generals will be discussing the battle so I take a V line path towards the room.
  When I near the room more and more troopers march through the halls. I finally beat the room and I smile as I walk forward. Suddenly I am pushed to the ground. I jump up landing on my feet ready for a fight.
    "No one is allowed in this room. Especially people like you." A monotone trooper voice says as I put my hands in my hips.
   "And what exactly do you think I am?" I smirk as I know I have won when he suddenly speaks up.
   "Your just like everyone else here. A horrible person willing to do anything to get more power." What he says takes me back a little. It makes me think about Leo and what he said. Maybe he is right.  Maybe the First Order isn't want I thought they were. No. Don't think like that.
  I shake my head as anger burns in my eyes as I ball my fist up. The door behind the trooper abruptly slams open and I see Phasma standing in the door way.
    "Captain Phasma." Both Troopers day as the salute to their superior.
   "What is all the commotion out here for." She finally eyes me. Though her mask is on I can feel her eyes burn into me.
   "This low life was asking to be let in the room. But I told her that she couldn't." The trooper says almost in a bragging way.
   "Well this low life is actually your superior so you might want to treat her like it. Red Soldier permission granted to enter the command room."
   The head of the troopers both swivel in unison and if they didn't have helmets on I could bet that their mouths were hanging open.
  "The.. the Red solider?" The quickly salute to me as I smirk at the power I have over them. "We did not recognize you. We apologize."
    I only give them a wave as I pass by them. But before I exit through the door I whisper so Phasma can't hear it.
"Just watch your back."
   The trooper tenses up and I walk in and let a low quiet laugh escape my lips.
   The door slams shut and I know that Phasma is mad. But because of who is also in the room she won't lecture me just now.
   "Sn2198 what are you doing here?"
    I take my hood off knowing that Lord Ren and General Hux have already seen my face before so there is no worry.
   I spin on my heels and face Phasma standing in a wide stance with hands clasped behind my back.
"I have information that is needed to be told immediately." My face turns stone as both men in the room give me curious looks.
"What is this dire information you hold?"
I take a gulp as I almost back out. Leo's eyes flash before me. His smile then the feeling of his lips. The happiness the rush of joy and feeling of freedom. He loves me for some reason that I don't know he does. I might never feel loved again. He was there through my trails and self doubt. Before he was my lover he was my brother and before that my best friend.
I believe that it was our destiny to meet but I also believe it is my destiny to expose him. He loved me for me and nothing less and though I might never confess it I love him too.
But I can't. No I can't. A Storm trooper shows no mercy. No sympathy. He is a threat a danger to the First Order. It is my duty. My duty to protect my cause with everything I have. Even if it means destroying my one true love.
Knowing I may never forgive my self I clench my fist and dig my finger nails into my palm.
I wince as I snap out of faze and bring my hand up. I watch as blood drips from my palm where my nails were. I lower my head knowing the next time I will see blood will probably be when I have to kill Leo.
I look up at an inpatient Phasma. Her arms are crossed as she taps her fingers on her arms.
I pray to the stars that I am doing the right thing as my lips betray me and say,
"Leon Stakins in special medical unit is with the Resistance."

VOTE AND COMMENT!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!