Chapter XXVII

IT TOOK two weeks before Leo gave me any information that was worth telling Phasma

    "Sal!" Leo comes up behind me and raps his arms around my waist placing his chins on my head.  I bite my toughest holding back the pain that my heart feels when he does this. I roll my eyes but then put in a happy face as I break out of Leo's arm and plant a kiss on his cheek.
   "Leo. It's good to see you!" I say with a little bit to much enthusiasm that I hope he won't pick up on.
    "Can we talk in private." He gives me a wink as I grab his hand and pull him into my room. I look around and decide that the closet would be the safest place.
     I press a button as the door slides open and I drag him in closing the door and turning that light on.
    "We can talk freely in here. The walls are sound proof." I sit down on the ground and pat the spot next to me. He sits down with a heavy sigh.
    "I just revived information from the Resistance. "
  I perk up and turn to face him. "Really? What did they say?"
     "Well you see they want to make sure that you are with us. Don't take this the wrong way they are very happy that you want to join. But they are weary of an ex storm trooper."
     " No I understand. But Leo you know me and you know us," even though the very thought of touchI gotta a Resistance member's hand makes my hand feel like it is getting dipped in acid. I take his hand in mine and stare directly in his eyes. "Leo I promise you on my parents grave that I would never do anything to harm you. I want to be with the Resistance the First Order is wrong and I see that now. Not to mention I can tell when you are luring and I know that you definitely have information about our escape and even though they are worried about me betraying you. You are mostly scared I will hurt you but I am here to tell you I won't."
I try to make my words sound as convincing as I can and I silently pat myself on my back with the "swear on my parents grave" part. Because who can keep a promise on their parents grave when they don't even know them?
He takes his hand and cups my face. His hand is warm and it makes me want to melt into it but I shake that thought from my head. You can't become attached you must forget. He is a rebel your enemy.
I feel something cold and metal like disc being placed in my hand. As I look down.
   "They transmitted this to me this morning."
   "What is it?" I flip the disc in my hand not familiar with it.
    "It is android disc." He waits for me it figure out what it is but I give him a co fused look. "The information that we need to locate the base and escape is contained in this disc. The only way to reach that information is to put it in a droid. They will then display with there projector."
    I run my thumb over the small quarter sized disc, "Well lets get going then. There are thousands of BB-9Es rolling around I am sure we can borrow." I get up excited and nervous about what we will find on the disc. But Leo tugs in my hand.
   "No it can't be a BB-9E. The Resistance knew that if the First Order got ahold of this then the first droids they would check is the newer versions. They programmed the disc to self destruct after the message is told. Therefore we must insert it into the right droids."
    "Well which ones are the right droids?"
    "The only droids that can read this disc are the older droids. From the R2 units and before. Do you have any idea where we could find one?"
     I close my eyes and try to recall if I have ever seen any. The mental map plays through my head like movie as I fly through the hallways. When suddenly I stop at a door and open it.
I open my eyes, "Bingo! I an old scrap metal closet. I am sure there is a droid in there that was thrown away because a newer one replaced it."
"Good," He gives me a nod as he reaches for the disc. I hesitate not wanting to let the disc out of my sight. "Is there something wrong?" Leo asks.
I shake my head placing a smile on my face. "No sorry just thinking. I can't be seen without my armor unless I am training. Sorry life of a storm trooper."
He grins, "Okay I will go and let you change." Once he is out of the room I let out a big sigh exhausted from pretending to be happy around Leo. I quickly strip off my sweaty red workout clothes. I look at the shower longingly but I have to stay on task as I pull on my under clothes. After I slip on my red armor. It is still a misery why I have red armor but some how it feels right. Like I was ment to wear it.
I put on my helmet as I walk out the door and spot Leo nervously waiting by the door.
"Wow Sal. You look. Well you look like a Storm Trooper."
Laugh but it comes out like a cough as my helmet prevents my real voice from coming through. I realize that he won't be able to see my facial expressions and I Thank the creator for a break at pretending.
"I would hope that I would look like one. But I won't be one soon. Once we find whatever is on that disk."
I punch in a code as the door slides open. Leo motions me forward. "After you."
I nod as I lead him forward. I walk faster then I meant to as I can feel the burden, of the information, that the disk carries feeling heavier and heavier. I long to rid myself of this burden for once and for all. To get rid of my problems.

VOTE AND COMMET!!

VOTE AND COMMET!!