Chapter XXX

WE BEGIN TO SLOWLY circle each other

WE BEGIN TO SLOWLY circle each other. Each step taken fares the other to attack first. But of course I am weapon less because I have no weapons on me. I spot my swords meters away from me and even if I did have them I doubt they would be able to stop a light saber. Then hey again they were my best bet.
    My eyes don't leave Kylo Ren's figure. How or why I wanted to get in this fight is beyond my thoughts. I know I should probably stop it but my pride is at stake and that is not something I want to tarnish.
    I feel the shift in the air and I can tell he is about to attack. He takes his saber and twists it in a circle near his side. Then like a viper he lunged towards me.
    I stay low and keep my arms close to me body not wanting them to be cut off. His swings are in wide arcs which helps me judge them and then dodge.
   In the beginning he aims for my head but I move out of the way before they reach me. I keep my feet light as we dance through the room.
    He try's to go for my feet but I jump over the saber and quickly strike him with my fist in the stomach. He stumbles a little from the impact. However he recovers himself and fighter better. I don't know how it happens but suddenly I am pushed to the floor. This surprises me having it being the first time.
   He backs away not wanting to fight me totally defenseless. He turns his back and twirls his saber a couple more times.
    I use this to my advantage as I tool on the ground and pick up both my swords.  I leap to my feet and rush towards Kylo Ren. He turns around just in time to see that I have weapons now.
   I pray that the swords will hold up to the flaming heat of the saber as I duck and roll. The saber just barely misses me but I am back on my feet and behind Lord Ren. I quickly take my sword and hit him with the butt of it.
   Not wanting to cut him up I try to use my swords in the less harmful way. Knowing one scratch on Lord Ren could come back to bite me in the future.
  He turns around to face me clearly frustrated but he doesn't give much away because of his mask.
   "Come one slow poke you got to keep up if your going to fight me."
   I then dart behind him faster then human sight can track as I hit him in the knees causing them to buckle. He turns again swinging his saber but I am already behind him again. This time I use my foot to slam into his back and send him flying forward.
    I almost feel bad for him as he regains his balance and tries to regain control of his emotions. But I did say I almost did. I sneer as I wait for him to get closer. Wanting to play around with him a little bit I wait for the perfect timing as he lifts his saber above his head and runs at me. I also run at him but at the last second. I slide in between his legs and pop right back up.
    "Nutmeg!" I begin to laugh at my own joke. This is fun.
   "Enough playing around. Come and fight me like a real trooper." He screams at me and all it does is fuel my amusement.
   "What can't handle a little game? Besides I like playing with my prey before I slaughter it." I don't really mean to kill him but I just say it for effect.
   "You and I both know that I am more skilled with swords play. You are just playing around to avoid having to really fight me."
   All amusement drains from my face and angry replaces it. Kylo Rens stance changes knowing that he has hit a cord with me.
   I grit my teeth as I spit out, "No one insults my pride like that. I have a reputation to defend and I won't have some prissy brat with a dangerous weapon ruin it."
    I grab both swords in my hands as I charge Kylo Ren with a new determination.
   Lord Ren bends his knees as he gets lower to the ground. Our blades clash as the thought that my swords won't hold up to his saber disappears.
My swings are rusty because I am not used to someone with equal strength or a weapon similar to mine. I am usually fighting an opponent with a blaster so this fight it a new experience.
I swing one sword up towards his face and the other one towards his legs as he spins in a circle and blocks both swings.
I move my swords in swift arcs but he successfully blocks them. I continue to jab at him as he continues to block them. He doesn't seem to attack me very much he is just focused on blocking my attacks. I begin to sweat as he provides a harder fight then I thought.
I find that I backed myself close to a wall so I quickly turn away from Kylo Ren and race towards then wall. I jump up as I use one foot to push off the wall and somersault over him.
I land behind him and point one sword at him. "Just give up now. Before you embarrass yourself." I taunt him trying to get some reaction for him.
"You are the only one who is embarrassing them self. I am stronger then you but you just won't face it."
"Oh please I could beat you any day. I am just going easy on you."
Suddenly Kylo Ren springs from where he was standing and does a somersault over me. I brace myself for an attack but when I turn to face him I am met stance I was in after I did my somersault.
"Anything you can do. I can do better." I try not to let to have the satisfaction of getting a reaction from me but I can't help it.
My frustration comes through my words as start to shout. "You are nothing! You are a scared boy hiding behind a mask! I bet if you took off that mask right now nothing would impress me! If anything it would make your image look more weak. More human. That's why you wear that disguise right? To make you feel more threatening? Well let's just say your not fooling anyone! Your only fooling yourself!"
We begin to circle each other taking tentative steps. Our eyes never leave each other. "Be careful girl. You are walking on a thin wire. One wrong step and you could fall." His voice it deep and threading but it doesn't phase me. I know that I am close to breaking him. And I know that I am also close to my breaking point but I continue to taunt him.
"You don't have the guts to take that helmet off! I dare you too!" I spat out my words as I try to make him more frustrated knowing that he won't take his helmet off.
He stops circling me as he turns his saber off and clips it back on his belt. I pause confused at what he is doing and I also lower my weapons and let them hang at my side.
My eyes follow his hands as they begin to rise up towards his head. I stop breathing as fear grips my muscles. When I was saying those words I never intended that he would actually do it.
I here a click and then a hiss as the mouth piece on his helmet slides up.
I get why they say be careful what you wish for, now. Because boy was I in for a surprise.

VOTE AND COMMENT!!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!