Chapter XVII

THE INFORMATION OF the battle strategy was a lot to take in

THE INFORMATION OF the battle strategy was a lot to take in. I let out an exasperated sigh as I lay back on my bed. Leo follows my suit.
"Wait so basically your attack is on the Resistance base on Jedda?" Leo asks almost to clarify. I nod my head.
"The objective is to locate the base and exterminate. We are taking ground crew first and once the base is located we will call for air strike to blow the rest up." I reply as I close my eyes imaging each phase the attack will take.
"Nice. So this is taking place at night right on Jedda?" Leo annoyingly asks again.
I sit up right in the bed a little annoyed, "Yes Leo for the hundredth time yes!" I get off the bed and make my way to the sink staring in the mirror. The turning around I cross my arms. "And if I didnt know any better I would think you were interrogating me."
He gets up and clasps his hands behind his back in order to conceal that they were sweating but I still saw them. "Now where did you get that idea?" He smiles and walk to me. Strangely he takes both of my hand and then brings me into a hug. "Promise me you will be safe tomorrow? I don't know what I would do without you."
I smile into the fabric of his chest as I I reply in a muffled voice, "I can't make any promises. But yes I will try."
He opens up his grasp just enough to allow my to look up at his face and him look at mine.
We stay there each silently saying promises with our eyes. Abruptly Leo lets go and walks out the door. But stops at the door frame. "What ever happens out there just remember that I... that I love you." The foreign words he states surprises me and I just stare at the spot where he was. Slowly but surely the words sink in as I feel my body feel weightless. I huge grin spreads across my face as I jump on my bed allowing the fabric to consume me.
"Leo loves me." I whisper as I test the words out. I close my eyes and fall asleep replaying the memory I will forever hold in my heart.
*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I WAKE UP to and internal alarm clock that sounds in the back of my head. My brain wakes up my body as I spring out of my bed. I don't need to look at the time to know that I have 3 hours before take off.
    I quickly take a shower remembering that I hadn't last night. I rise away all they bad things that happened yesterday but one memory remain fresh in my mind.
     I dry off my hair and walk over to my closet but then I am stopped as I pass the huge silver case. Excitement fils me as I quickly open up the case to try on my armor.
    I slip on the stiff turtle neck and stretch black pants. I roll my shoulders back and move around to test my limits. I notice right above my heart is a hand sewed name tag that reads my number. Very classy. I think as I stare at the red armor  in front of me.
   Almost to scared to put it on I shut the case. I am not scared to see what I will look like but I am cared to see what I might become if I do put it on.
No. What are you doing it's just armor. I quickly open the case again and grab the chest plate clipping it to my back plate. The armor is like a standard stormtrooper outfit the only difference is mine is red. I grab my helmet as I make my way over to my mirror.
    I observe myself as I notice how much more  threatening I look with it on. For once in my life I look and feel like the dangerous weapon I am.  I braid my hair to keep it away from my eyes as I turn around to find Phasma standing in the door way.
   I am startled and jump back having not noticed her there before. I slowly walk up to her. She has her armor on but her helmet is off.
    "The armor fits you." She replies. "You look so much like him. Like the Cardinal. I know if he saw you he would be proud to know you are wearing his suit."
      "Thank you Phasma. I appreciate you allowing me to wear this armor. It is a great honor."
   She nods "Well all that is left is to get your weapons. Go to the training room and meet me by the door in 30 minutes." With out letting me respond she turns around and heads towards the medical room.
     Walking into the training room I feel like a kid in a candy shop. There are hundreds of blasters and sword like weapons.
    I study the blasters as I pick out a small hand held one and lock that on to my belt a slightly bigger one I lock on to my opposite thigh. I then pick up a standard blaster as I hold it. I come across the knives as I grab a couple daggers and tuck them in my belt.
     My eyes are draw to two identical sword like weapons that I pick up. I notice a button on the hilt and when I press it the blade dances with electricity. I smile as I turn it off and put the two swords on my back in a c
X like pattern. 
    I walk out of the training room feeling like I am carrying the whole armory but i know that it won't slow me down. Phasma has her back turned towards me. I place my helmet on my head and stand at attention with my blaster crossing my chest.
    She turns around as I notice something in her hand. "I thought you might want a little gift." She hands me the fabric and I instantly feel like déjà vu. I look at the fabric and realize it is a cape similar to Phasma's. I look at hers and copy the style as I sling it over one shoulder.
    She places her helmet over her head.
"Are you ready to put your training to the test?"

VOTE AND COMMENT