Chapter XL

I AM SHOCKED

I AM SHOCKED. I don't know what just happened but I do know that having a gaping hole in your stomach is not good. I don't let Leo have I any satisfaction so I with hold my cries of pain.
    I sneer at him as I place both hands in the gap trying to block the blood that pours out. I want to move but I can't my body has went into shock. Every fiber tingles with anger.
   Leo startles me as he bends down pressing the cold barrel to my fore head. I stare at him trying to regain what pride I have left.
   "Hey don't be sad. You are doing what you were built for. You were built to be killed by the Resistance in hopes of helping your cause." I see something flash across his face. He hesitates nows my chance. But I don't move.
   "Where is your enhancement when you need it? Am I right?" He tightens his finger on the trigger. I keep me eyes locked on his challenging him to do it.
   He squeezes the trigger and I brace myself.
   Suddenly I hear a hum and then a whoosh. I watch as a red rod punctures through Leo's chest. His movements freeze has his eyes go wide with fright. He looks down at the protrusion the red rod gets pulled out. I want to smile but the edges of my vision becomes fuzzy.
   His eyes meet mine as the blaster clatters the the ground. I see it coming before it happens. He begins to fall and I quickly but painful roll out of the way.
   I turn my head to face his. Blood trickles out of his mouth as he stares at me with dead eyes. I then begin to laugh. I am free. The laughing however causes my abdomen to cramp up which reminds me of the hole. My laughs becomes a fit of coughing as my spit mixes with blood.
   Someone bends down and shakes me. I can only make out black. And their voice sounds like it is being said behind a wall. However my ear strain to hear what they say, "Salina get up! We need to move."
   I barely move my head as my enhancement kicks in. It pushes me up as I take a staggering step. Instantly arms rap around my hip as I sling and arm around their shoulder and place my other hand over my wound.
   "Can you walk?"
  I gulp as I take a tentative  step forward. "I think so." I look over to see who has helped me. I can barely make him out but I know who it is. "Kylo? Why are you here. Just leave me continue to fight I am not important." He doesn't answer as he pull me out of the hanger.
   "Are you ready to run." I grit my teeth and nod my head.
"Let go I will take care of you."
No I can't let go now.
We begin to run. The enhancement takes always some of the pain as it gets my legs pumping. I weakly pull out a blaster not wanting Kylo to be left unguarded.
   Kylo takes his saber and brings it down on a someone near us. I watch as a rebel in-front of us brings blaster up to shoot. Quickly I pull mine up and shoot at him hitting him in the head.
   Upon the sound of the blaster going off Kylo whips his head towards me. I weakly smile as I try to hold up the blaster but instead my head falls to the side and I am to tired to lift it up.
   I see worry cross his face as we begin to run.
   We finally make it to the black shuttle. He drags me up the ramp as he lays me on the ground.
  "Are you okay?"
  I sputter out "yes but you shouldn't be here the First Order need you more than I do."
  "But you will bleed out."
  "No I won't." I raise my hand and place it on his shoulder. We have a silent conversation as he gives me a reassuring nod and marched down the ramp back into battle.
    I finally have a moment to myself. I then find my eyes slowly dropping.
  "No! Don't go to sleep"
  I wake up as the strange urge to stay alive sparks in me. I look around for something that will help me. I find a small first aid kit on the opposite wall. I brace myself to the terrible pain I am about to feel. I then begin to roll on the ground. I can't stop myself so I run into the wall and let out a cry of pain. I suck it up as I look up wards toward the first aid. Just my luck it is five feet off the ground.
   I use the cabinet near it to pull my self up. By now the feeling in my legs are gone and I use my upper body to pull me up. I have to take my hand off my wound as I quickly reach for the first aid. I knock it down and I fall to the ground again.
    I let out short breaths winded from the small movements.
   Then I roll over and open the box. My head lays on the ground and I can't see over the lid so I knock the contents out of the box.
   I shuffle through the supplies as I find a small bottle. I try to read the label my vision is blurry. I hope it is alcohol as I twist the top with my teeth and pour it on my wound. A searing pain shoots through my body as I grip the grated ground. I then drink the rest of the alcohol to ease some of the tension. I find my hand grabbing the stapler knowing this is going to hurt really bad. I find a wooden stick and put it in my mouth. I bent my head upwards so I can see what I am doing. However the armor blocks my view.
    I drop the stapler and slowly pull of all my armor. Then I quickly, with out hesitation, pinch my skin together and staple it shut. I bite down on the stick as a muffled scream escapes my lips.
    I look for a familiar pink bottle that I know has the cream that has healed  so many of my training injuries. I find it and grab a handful of the lotion like substance. I then brace my self taking short breaths as I stick my hand in the wound. I scream in pain.
   I lay on the ground blood soaked. I am to exhausted but I know I have to cover it so i won't loose blood. I don't look but I feel for a soft fabric like supply and once I find it I begin to rap it around my wound. When the task is done I lay back and wait for someone to come.
    I don't know how much time passes but suddenly Phasma comes in. She looks around frantically and when she sees me huddled in the corner she throws her helmet off.
   "Sal! Are you okay?" She genuinely looks worried about me. I wish I could tell her I am but I know I am not.
    "Once we evacuate we will get you to a medical station immediately." Storm troopers start pouring in.
   I look confused. "What do you mean evacuating?"
   Phasma looks at me with distaste as she says these words, "we are terribly out numbered. General Hux has ordered us to retreat. The mission is suicide."
   I look around again hoping to find a figure cloaked in black but all I see is white. "Where is Lord Ren?"
    "General Hux ordered to immediately leave. Even if that means leaving someone behind. Besides he will get a ride with the trooper shuttles."
    If this is General Hux's idea I know that he does not have Kylo's interest at hand. I try to get up. "I need to find him."
   Phasma pushes me down. "No you need to rest!"
"I will let you find him if you promise me you will let me take control of you when you get back to base."
   I think about what it said. Kylo saved my life and now I must do the same.
Okay.
  The enhancement fuels my body once more as I spring up on my feet and push past Phasma and the other troopers. I hear Phasma yelling at me to stop but I don't look back. The shuttle ramp closes as I rush into battle. I hear it take off and blast away into the atmosphere.
What did I just do?

VOTE AND COMMENT. if you guys haven't noticed I changed the title to THE ENHANCED TROOPER I just wanted a more original name and this will be the last time I change it.