Chapter 4

Axel's POV

"What did you want to talk about, Mr. Hund?" I asked as he leads me further into the room.

"I was going to help you with the worksheet from class." Mr. Hund says huskily and he guides me to what I assume to be a couch. Once I feel the cushion on the back of my knees, I sit down slowly. I then hear shuffling on carpets and the stretching of a leather couch, maybe about 4 feet away from me. "And please, in a private setting like this, call me Dedrik."

My heart bursts at the name, I'm sure I'm blushing like a madman. "O-okay." I have sort of a 'duh' moment, the worksheet? I voice my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah." Mr. Hund- I mean, Dedrik chuckles. "I completely forgot." The leather stretches again, and a few more footsteps and I feel the couch dip down next to me, making me lean until I feel a rock at my side. Only, the rock is Dedrik.

A paper unfolds. "Okay, first question. Do you have any siblings? If so what are their names?"

I used to have a brother, he went to the Army and got shot like the clutz he was. "No siblings," I say simply.

"Hobbies?"

"Painting, reading." I know he's looking at me like I'm dumb, they all do. How is a blind person supposed to paint and read? Whatever.

He takes a second, maybe thinking about what I just said. "Any pets?"

"Titan, he's my seeing eye dog."

"Shepard?" I smile and nod my head.

"What do you do in your free time?" I feel kind of embarrassed, I don't really do much that is interesting.

"Umm, well, I do my hobbies, but mostly, I'll what into town, go to the park, coffee shop, places like that. I usually go to the park though."

"Very good, Axel."

"Can I ask you a few questions?"

"Of course you can."

"Why did you call me to mate earlier?" I bite my lip from a nervous habit.

I hear him breathe in deeply. "Well, you may not believe this," He pauses for a second, "Do you believe in soul mates?" I think about it for a second. I've always assumed no one would want me, so I've never really thought of it.

"I think so?"

"How about werewolves?" Dedrik asks apprehensively. My useless eyes widen.

"What'd mean?" I feel a soft hand grasp my own, mine dwarfing his own.

"You know what I mean Axel."

I remember when I was little, my mom used to talk about the mystical people that could turn into wolves. I'd be pretty cool if they were real. "Umm, it'd be pretty cool if they were."

"That's great." He laughs airily, I can almost feel his smile. I wonder what he looks like?

We just sit there a minute, enjoyed each other's presence. "Can I see your face?"

"Huh?"

"Ya know," I hold my hands up, "See your face?"

He grasps one of my hands and brings it to his lips, kissing it softly.

"Of course you may."

End of Chapter