Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Axels POV

     After what Dedrick told me, a couple of hours later, he picked me up and I wrapped my legs again his waist. His movements came to a halt and he kissed my neck, I sighed happily and moved my neck to give him better access.

     "We have to stop. If not, I'll mark and claim you right here." Dedrick whispered in my ear. I shiver, his warm breath tickling my neck and sending shivers down my spine. I hear his chuckle, deep vibrations emit from his strong chest. "You're so adorable." I scrunch my nose at the embarrassing, yet endearing statement. He just kisses my nose and starts walking. I put my arms around his neck for support.

     I hear a door open and a cold gust of the winter air and I feel something draped over my body, I think it's a jacket. I try to feel for what it is, but I think Dedrick though I was trying to take it off, only for him to put his arm to support my back and keep the jacket on. I smile, "I wasn't going to take it off." Dedrick then moved his hand away from my back. "I didn't say you can move your hand." His hand returned, and he laughed, kissing my cheek. "Where are we going?" I ask.

     "To my car." I take a deep breath in. I haven't been in a car for 5 years, the last time was when I wrecked and I lost my eyesight. I didn't even get in my mom's car when the released me from the hospital.

     "D-do you think we can walk?"

     "I don't think you in good condition to be walking, the pack house is 30 minutes by car." Dedrick stopped his gate and set me on a cold hard surface and wraps the jacket tighter around me. "What's wrong with the car?"

     "I haven't been in a car since we wrecked..." I hear his take a step and wrap in arms around me, I face pressed against his chest and his hand on my head, rubbing soothing circles.

     "Baby, I'll be with you, I won't let anything happen. You can't walk too much, you'll only make your condition worse. I'd have you ride on my back in wolf form, but I don't want to get carried away and drop you. It'll only be for 30 minutes. I'll keep you safe." I listen as he reassures me. After a couple of minutes of thinking, I finally agree. "That's great. Let's get you in and warm." Dedrick then picks me up again, bending down a little to open a car door and carefully sliding me in. After buckling me in, he closes the door and after a couple of seconds, he gets in through a door next to me.

     Dedrick then starts the ignition and we drive off, I hear the air just barely passing the car. He must be going slow for my sake. I feel his hand on my thigh and In lean into his side, putting my hand on top of his.

     "I love you, Axel." I do a double-take, not understanding what he said for a minute. "You don't have to say it back yet. I just wanted you to know, I love you and I'll do anything to make you happy and make sure you're safe."

     I just smile, not really comfortable with saying it yet, I turn my head and kiss his arm.

     At around the promised 30 minutes, I was just dozing off. I wanted to be able to see my surroundings, but hearing and feeling the relaxed breathing of my Dedrick will suffice. I jump and sit up when the smooth pavement turnings into brittle gravel.

     "We're here." Dedrick sings deeply. I shake my leg with excitement.

     After about a mile more we arrive at the destination.

     The car stops and turns off. I open the door and immediately tackled to the ground.

End of Chapter