Chapter 11

Dedrick's POV

I open my door and Axel does the same. I turn around to go over to him, but I heard a thud. I look over, and Axel isn't there. I walk over to the other side to reveal some on the pack's pups mauling my mate.

My first instinct was to rip the pups away. I mean, can you blame me? They tackled my injured mate to the ground, my mate that I've only known for about 5 hours. I make sure he's in no pain, he looks kinda scared. I would be too. He can't see them.

"Now now, back off," I say with my alpha tone. They whimper, showing their necks and scampering off. Axel still lays on the ground, unmoving. I grow worried and rush to his side, pulling his body close.

"You okay Baby?" I ruffle his hair, I know he likes it.

"Y-yeah, I didn't know what they were for a second." Axel just laughs, a bit embarrassed.

"Are you hurting?" I kiss his forehead. I wrinkle my nose, he doesn't smell bad, he just doesn't smell like me. I want everyone to know, he's mine.

"Not anywhere I wasnt already hurt." I nod and pick him up gently, unconsciously pressing him to my chest, wanting as much of my scent on him as I can get before I give him a bath.

I look up at the big hotel-like building before me. There are many pack houses throughout our territory. It's relatively big, one of the top 5 packs in the entire North American continent. I can't do all of this by myself, however. My pack has a unique way of doing things. I have 3 other sub-alphas if you will. I am the overall alpha, but they keep track of everything in their own territories. I'm the king to put it in easier terms. I also have a beta, so do the other sub-alphas. The pack houses are made much like hotels. A big kitchen and living room would be the 'lobby' and other rooms are the gym, bathrooms, a game room, and a pool. Upstairs, of course, are the rooms. About 15 rooms per floor. They all have their own room, full bathroom, and two walk-in closets. As you can tell, we don't worry about money.

I open the doors and come to find the living room pretty empty, most of the pack members that are in the public rooms are the students, and it's still school time. The only one I see is Holy, one of the omegas. She's really sweet. I basically grew up with her as my sister.

When she turns around to see me, her eyes widen, looking in my arms.

"Mate?" She whispers a smile ghosted on her face. I nod and she squeals. I roll my eyes and continue to my mission and get on the top floor. It takes a while but I make it up to the top stair without breaking a sweat. We don't use elevators, yes, we may be a rich pack, but we are not lazy. We use stairs and the elderly, physically or mentally impaired are on the ground floors. I take a second to see if Axel fits into the physically impaired, he's blind, not dumb. He'll be fine, we won't leave my side anyway.

After confirming to myself, I continue to my room. I open the door with my free hand and walk in, closing it with my foot.

"Is this the room?" Axel asks.

"Yes, this is our room." He smiles and wiggles his legs, wanting down. With hesitation I do so, I see him relax, his pale feet hitting the chestnut colored floor. I can tell he's wanting to feel around the place, but we need to give him a bath first. "Hey, umm, Axel?" He turns to my direction. "May I bathe you?" His eyes widen and his face turns red.

"U-uh... I-if you want?" Axel scratches his head. I loop my arm around him and lead him into the bathroom, going slow so he has time to memorize the way there. I back him up the bench in the bathroom, the backs of his knees touching the soft surface. Once he sits down, I prepare the bath. "Hot or warm?"

"Hmm... About in the middle, please." I smile and turn the water to what I thought was in the middle.

After putting some of my lavender tea-tree soap to make it bubbly, I walk over to Axel and kneel in front of him and set myself in between his legs. Axel reaches down and touches my head, running his hands through my short hair. I lean in and wrap my arms around his middle, nestling my face in the soft exposed skin on his chest. I hear him giggle and I kiss the fleshy surface softly.

"I'll let you undress," I whisper in his ear. Axels blushes again and stands up, taking off his clothing. I look away, you know, like a decent person.

"I'm done." I hear him walk around. "U-umm... Where's the bath?" I hurriedly lead him to the bathtub, afraid he may fall and help him in carefully.

Once he's fully seated, I get some shampoo and massage his hair.

End of Chapter