Chapter 19

Before the Ceremony
Dedrick's POV

     I woke up early in the morning. I looked at my beautiful sleeping mate sadly. I wouldn't be able to see his eyes before the ceremony, I won't be able to hear his grumpy morning voice. I get up and lean down to kiss Axel's head. I turn to go out the door with great sorrow.

     "In do time, Dedrick. He'll be with us forever soon" Damian said, try to take his mind off of leaving our mate as well. I stride down to my dressing room, which was on the other side of the ceremony hall than where Axel was at.

     I walk into the room where the annoying, but necessary ladies must bathe me. I try to be as polite as I can, but I can't help but notice them swooning over me. I have to fight with my wolf to have him not attack them.

     Once I'm bathed, left with no scent, other than my natural one, they start to dress me. White and grey sashes are placed around my waist. They seem delicate like they'll blow away by a single sneeze, but they are expertly tied to be kept in place without being noticed. A single sash is draped over my left shoulder, that just symbolized I'm the alpha. They slip on my sandals. I dismiss them and walk towards the ceremony hall. I see a few other weres gathered there and quickly, but agilely make my way to my spot on the stage, waiting for my beautiful mate.

     After a couple of minutes, I smell him. It's the same scent I washed off of him the day I met him, but now it smells like roses and mocha. My knees feel weak just smelling him. I can't wait until tonight. I want to claim him as mine, see his beautiful face blushing. I know, only I can make him do such things.

     I feel a tingle in my lower regions just thinking about it, but I will that feeling away, for now.

     I watch as everyone files in, weres littering every square inch on the room, just leaving a clear walkway down the middle. I hold back a smile whenever I hear the beautiful tune that calls in my beautiful mate. I watch with pride as everyone stands up for their Luna, eager to please him. I suppress a growl though, at how little clothing he is wearing. I know it's necessary, but that doesn't make me like it anymore!

     I watch as Kelly walks Axel in leading him in carefully, whispering a few words to him before they walk up the stairs and finally leading him to his spot.

     I hear Elder Jackson's voice sound through the room. "Ladies and Gentlemen! We are gathered here today for the mating of Alpha Dedrick Hund and Luna Axel Lancaster! The ceremony will now begin!"

Axel's POV

     I feel chills whenever I hear Dedrick slowly step towards me, knowing what he's going to do next. He stops when his chest is pressed against my back. He leans down and tilts my head up. I let him do so, him keeping one hand on my neck and the other running through my hair, away from the eyes of the crowd. I feel him kiss the area, I gasp softly when he bites down, pain surges through my neck, to my shoulders. My eyes widen, but I don't close them. Soon, however, a wave of pleasure draws out the pain, and just as I feel my knees will buckle, Dedrick stops. I feel a bruise forming.

     I wonder what the real thing will feel like?

     Dedrick then pulls away slowly, the comforting hands leaving its place in my hair. It's my turn. I'm really nervous, I don't want to hurt him! What if I bite in the wrong spot? I can't see goddamnit! I lift my hands up.

     "Help me please," I whisper to him, trying not to make it obvious I whispered. Without complaining, he guides my hands to his neck, one on the front, and the other in the back. I lean in, almost smiling that he leaned down for me. I bring my face to his neck, giving him a light kiss. I almost smile again when I feel a shiver rack through him. I open my mouth and bite him, not hard, just enough to make it hopefully look like when Dedrick did it to me. I suck softly, creating a hickey.

     After a few seconds, I pull away slowly, staying in my place.

     "I now announce you mated!" The voice booms once more.

End of Chapter