Chapter 30

Axel's POV

     "Hayden! It's me! Your bother, Axel!" I call out to him, hoping he remembers. Everything goes silent, the growls, the threats, everything. It scares me. The sound is about the only way I can tell something or someone is near.

     "That's not true. My mother and brother died in a car crash!" Hayden yells out, infuriated at the thought that I'd pretend. "We're not dead. Mom's upstairs. I'm blind now. We're alive. You had to leave for Iraq, and you got shot... We crashed on our way to the hospital." I say, tears forming in my eyes.

     The atmosphere softens and I feel steps coming to me. I feel his scent coming closer. I try to relax as he does. Growls from the warriors on my side sound off, but I mindlink them to relax too. One wrong move and hell could break loose more than it already has.

     Heyden's right in front of me now. I flinch a little as he tilts my head up to get a closer look at my face. I feel his hand trembling, before I'm pulled into a tight hug. I smile and hug into his broad chest.

     "I can't believe it. I must be high." He says I chuckle, confirming it's Hayden. "David. Call off the attacks. My mother is upstairs. Get her, and bring her to the pack house." I go stiff.

    "Wait, what?" I ask, pulling away from his hold.

    "You're not safe here. I want you and mom with me."

    "N-no. I can't go... I have a mate, a home." I say firmly "I'm not leaving." I pulled closer to Hayden.

    "Axel. I'm not letting you go again-" I hear a crash and loud growls and snarls. Dedrick.

     "Release him," Dedrick tells Hayden, using his alpha voice.

     "He's your mate? Shit." Hayden curses, surely knowing the death sentence to take an alpha's mate. He seems to be the leader of his pack too, but it wouldn't go good for him if he took me.

     Hayden lets me go and I move away only to get swept up by Dedrick. "Why aren't you in the safe room?" He asks me, clearly angry.

     "There were mothers and children. I couldn't just help them." I tell him honestly.

    "That was noble, but it isn't just your body anymore Axel. If something were to happen to either one of you..." He trails off.

     "Why isn't it just his body?!" Hayden exclaims. He lets out a loud growl, coming to the realization and attacks. As he lunges, he's tackled to the ground by multiple warriors.

     "Stand down and surrender. I have you and your people surrounded." Dredrick tells Hayden.

     "I surrender, you fucking asshole..."

End of Chapter

I'm so sorry for the wait. I'm honestly surprised this book has so many reads and votes. Thank you, everyone! I've had hard times in my life lately, and I'm sorry it took forever to write a new chapter. I've also have had writer's block and it was hard to write this chapter. I'll start to write more and try to give you guys more updates.