Chapter 38

Axel's POV
5 months later

     I wake up later in the morning, in Dedrick's arms. I actually woke up because the sun coming in through the window was bothering me.

     Only a small percent of blind people actually see nothing but darkness, meaning most can still see things in certain ways. Like tunnel vision, or depth perception, and in my case, shadows, and light.

     For example, if I look out the open window, I can see the lampshade in front of it because of the shadow contrast.

     It has always been this way for me, but the light contrasts with the shadows a bit more now.

     Maybe it'll get better? I hope so...

     Dedrick and I are spooning. My back to his chest, his hands on my belly. It's gotten pretty big, well, it's average, but to me it's big. I love when he touches my belly. It makes me feel so proud. My wolf howls with pure delight when he does.

     I turn my head in a hopeless attempt to make out his features, hoping the warm light would help, but alas, I can't really make anything out.

     About a month ago, Dedrick started taking me to a specialty eye doctor, werewolf too. She's really sweet and honest. Sadly, she doesn't really think I'll ever fully get my sight back. But they also thought it wouldn't improve since I've become a werewolf.

     The original thought, was that since the damage was done before I was changed, it wouldn't be healed. I seem to be defying the odds here. I only have high hopes.

     I relax in the bed for about 20 minutes before I feel Dedrick stirring. His hold tightens just a little, making me smile and hum in content.

     "Good morning sleeping beauty, " I coo to him. I practically feel his smile.

     "Good morning, " He murmurs, kissing my cheek. I just grin.

     I've been told I'm in the glowing, happy, and giggly stage of pregnancy. No morning sickness, not many cramps or back pain, yet. Since I am male, my pregnancy is at a higher risk. I have the baby-making parts, and the baby holding parts, I just don't really have the baby birthing parts. It'll have to be a cesarian delivery. For the last two and a half months, the doctor wants me to be bed-bound, and I know that's going to be so boring.

     "Are you hungry?" Dedrick asks. I nod my head in a yes. I eat a lot better now. Im at a good, healthy weight, and even gained the right amount of weight for my pregnancy.

     Derrick just snuggles me, while I assume he's asking one of the omegas to make our food.

     I haven't really had any cravings thus far. Well, there was a stage I only wanted Doritos dipped in peanut butter... But we don't talk about that.

     10 minutes later, the omega knocks on the door, comes in after given permission and wheels in a cart. I smell pancakes and toast and bacon, and they just smell so good! Dedrick thanks the omega and gives her permission to leave.

     Without saying anything, Dedrick pulls me into his lap and scoots closer to the cart.

     "Im gonna feed you, my sweet mate, " He coos, kissing my temple.

     Hello! So I understand if the first few paragraphs about Axle's blindness was a bit confusing. I watched a lot of Molly Burke and I did my best to explain it how I think Axel would explain it lol. If youre confused, I dont mind explaining it work easier terms lol