Chapter 36

Dedrick's POV

     After I get on a shirt, and about an hour of Caroline just holding Axel, I decide it's best I go ahead and question Hayden, who's apparently Axel's brother. I let Caroline and Axel snuggle on our bed, and kiss Axel on the head.

     "I have some pack business love, will you be okay here?" I ask. He smiles gently and nods his head, looking up in my general direction, "I'll be back soon my sweet moon, " I coo, kissing his rosy lips tenderly before taking my leave.

     The dungeon is in the woods about a mile away from the main packhouse on the Southern end of my territory. I shift into my wolf and make my way there.

     I haven't seen Hayden in years... About 5 years.

     I'm still a bit confused by the situation.

     About 7 years ago, my father wanted me to become alpha. So, what do you do when you're running away from responsibility? Join the army. No, that was only my case. Most people I met have been dreaming about it for years, and me? I was running away from my life and my fate.

     In basic training, I met a guy named David. He was a lot like me, a werewolf. Not from my pack, from a smaller pack East of mine coincidentally. He was my best friend almost instantly. Then, we met Hayden. For a human, he was very good. Great marksmanship, incredible athlete... We welcomed him as a friend.

     About two years later, Hayden came back from vacation, from seeing his family, and we went to Korea. Just good ol' Americans fighting battles we didn't start.

     I started to notice David and Hayden hanging out more. I didn't say anything though.

     One day, my platoon, Hayden, David, and I got to go back to America to help with the disaster efforts from hurricane Martin. No one was ready for it. It happened towards Delaware and Virginia and they aren't typically impacted by hurricanes. So, we got to help the National Guard.

     3 weeks later, the disasters from Martin were great. Many people were left without power. Riots started. Patience was running thin. Hayden and I were now a part of security. A riot started, civilians were armed, and we had to do what we had to do to keep everyone else safe...

     Hayden had to shoot a hostile man who was waving his gun at us and making threats. He aimed near us and pulled the trigger, intentionally missing, but Hayden shot him. Things got worse. Some of the other soldiers threw tear gas. Someone shot Hayden in the hip. It all just happened so quick.

     About 20 minutes later, I somehow made it out without getting killed and letting Hayden die. Not 10 minutes later, Hayden was airlifted to a hospital in Kentucky. That's a
Our home state. David and I, being Haydens closest friends, were ordered to break the news to his family.

     I saw Axel, but he was young, about 13. Far too young for me to tell he was my mate.

     A day later, David went to visit Hayden in the hospital, and they both went MIA... I managed to get released with an honorable discharge and finally face my responsibilities and became the alpha to one of the most powerful packs in the Americas.

     (Back to the present)

     I run to the South side of my territory to the prison. The guards let me through and I go to the heavily guarded cell Hayden is in.

     I look at him through the iron bars, making sure not to touch them.

     Hayden looks up at me with his rouge red eyes.

     "Hello, old friend." He says.

Whew! Long and wordy chapter! At least compared to what I usually do lol... 😅 In Chapter 29, it said he went to Iraq, but thinking about the time period of the story, and for taboo sake, I decided Korea was best. So I edited it to say Korea instead of Iraq.

     Also! Hurricane Martin is completely made up lol. I just needed something that would have brought Hayden to Kentucky close to where his family and Dedrick's pack is lol.

    I probably rewrote this five times to make it as possible, as possible lol. I hope I did a decent job and you enjoyed it!