Chapter 27

Axel's POV

I feel Dedrick's grip loosen and pull up my shirt. I blush whenever I hear Doctor Adams chuckle.

"Continue, Adams," Dedrick commands. I jump a little whenever the doctor's cold hands grace my warm skin. He goes straight to my abdomen and softly pokes the skin there. I hear him hum in interest.

"Axel, I'm going to have to collect some of your urine," My blush darkens. How could he say that without emotion in his voice?! I nod and get up slowly. When I'm standing, I'm handed a cup and Dedrick leads me to the bathroom, his arm at the small of my back.

"Take your time, Love." He coos, kissing my cheeks and leaves, closing the door behind him.

A few minutes later, I come out with the cup... filled. And with a red face, I hand it to Doctor Adams.

"It'll only be a few minutes," Adams explains and excuses himself from the room.

I sigh plop down on the bed.

"That was so embarrassing," I groan. I hear Dedrick chuckle and he wraps his arms around my torso, pulling me closer.

"But may I say, you look adorable with a flushed face." Dedrick muses, his soft lips kissing my nose.

Dedrick and I lay like that for maybe, 15 minutes, when Adams wraps on the door again.

"Come in!" I call. The door opens quickly.

"Luna! Alpha! I have great news!" Adams says, rushing into the side of the bed. This is probably the most enthusiastic I've ever heard him.

"What is it?" Dedrick asks.

"Luna Axel is pregnant!"

I have to make a double take. He didn't really just say-

"You're pregnant?" Dedrick's hand moves to my abdomen, probably thinking what I'm thinking.

"Yes! The tests came in positive. Alpha, didn't you notice the change in Luna's sent?"

"I did, but I didn't think he could be pregnant," Dedrick says, voice unusual.
"I can't believe you're carrying my offspring, Axel."

"Is that good?" I ask and then I'm suddenly engulfed in a hug.

"I'm over the moon!" I laugh and hug him back. I can feel Adams's smile radiating through the room. Dedrick pulls away and moves down to my tummy, giving it a soft kiss and wraps his arms around my torso.

"I'm going to leave you two, soon-to-be-parents, be," Adams says still sounding really enthused. He walks out with a slight pep in his step and closes the door.

When he leaves Dedrick kisses up and down my torso and nuzzles my stomach. I reach down and run my hands through his hair.

And that is how we fell asleep.

End of Book One