Chapter 15

Chapter 15
Dedrick's POV

     "Are you okay with all of this?" He takes a moment to decipher what I've just told him.

     "Of course! You're the only person who I want to be with." I smile and hug him tightly, maybe a little too tight. I loosen my hold a little but don't release him completely.

     "How would you feel about being a werewolf?" I ask slowly, making sure he heard me.

     "What's it like?"

     I smile at just the thought of it, I don't know what it's like to be human, so I have nothing to compare it to, but from what I hear, werewolves have it made. "Well, we live a lot longer, and around age 27, the age I am now, is about the age when our appearance remains pretty much the same for about 80 years." Axel's eyes widen. "We have a really long life span." I pause, letting it sink in. "We also get a wolf, it's like you have a little field in your mind, and that's where your wolf stays until you shift of course. It's like having an automatic friend. My wolf, Damian, has been dying to meet you by the way. I'll show you tomorrow if you want?" Axel nods and smiles.

     "They're also a few downsides. Umm, your first shift will be very painful and will be like that for the first couple times. It gets better though, I promise. Also, depending on what type, you'd be an omega, most likely, you'll get heats, and I'll get ruts. It's like a week of being horny really." I stop and look at Axel's blushing face, I lean up and kiss his forehead. "So?"

     "I'd like to be one, but I wanna wait just a little longer to make sure..." Axel nods his head, contemplating what I just said. I smile again and hold him close. I could have never asked for a better mate. Axel is perfect.

     "Hello? Alpha Dedrick!" Axel jumps a little in my arms at the sudden voice.

     "Come in!" I call. The door opens and Holy brings in a tray of food for both of us. Following behind is who I assume to be Titan. He stops and looks at me, showing his neck to say he knows I'm the alpha.

     I release Axel and help him sit up against the headboard.

     "Can Titan get on the bed?" Axel asks.

     "I don't mind... much..." I say the last part quietly. "It's your bed too." Axel smiles and pats the bed, Titan doesn't hesitate to jump up, taking place at his feet. I have to admit, he is a very well-behaved dog. He didn't even try and eat any of the food, he could have easily taken it from Axel, but he didn't.

     Once Axel finishes his meal, after I've already eaten mine and gone for seconds, he tries to figure out where the tray is, not wanting to ask for help. I watch with careful eyes, making sure he doesn't get hurt. I smile triumphantly for both of us whenever he finds it, on his nightstand and sets the dirty dishes on it. Axel leans against the headboard and beacons Titan to come closer by patting his thigh. Titan does so, and Axel pets him, stroking his fur. I would be so jealous right now if he didn't look so adorable and nurturing. He would be a good parent.

     After a few more minutes, Holy knocks on the door again, and after I invite her in, she takes the dirty dishes, along with Titan. She told me she'll return him back to Caroline's room. I'd let Titan live with us, but right now is not the best time, considering what's going to happen for the next couple of weeks.

     I look over to Axel to see him dozing off, I have him lay down and I wrap my arms around his torso.

     That's how we spent our day.

End of Chapter