Chapter 37

Dedrick's POV

     I get chills down my spine when I hear Hayden's voice. His now red eyes glow a bit in the dim cell, giving his face a menacing look.

     Now that I know Axel, I can tell Hayden must favor his father. I don't know their father, but Hayden doesn't really look like his mother at all. Well, I guess the two brothers have the same nose, but that's it. Hayden has dark, chestnut brown hair and warm-toned skin. He'd usually have hazel eyes too...

     "So what happened?" I ask.

     "I missed you too, " He says, and sighs. "When I got shot, I almost died. David bit me, and he took me to his pack... Apparently, turning a human into a werewolf is sacred? Next thing we knew, David was disowned from his pack and we both started a rouge league. Of course... We did have to fight for dominance." He says, smirking a little. I can tell he's having to battle between his humanity and his rouge side.

     Typically, when alphas fight for dominance, one ends up dying...

     "So, did you kill David?" I ask.

     "No, he's just an omega now, a very good boy, " He says. David is a grown man... I can't imagine him being submissive like that.

     "Why did you attack my pack?"

     "Who doesn't want to overthrow one of the most powerful packs in the Americas?"

     "Did you know your family was here?" I look him in the eyes.

     "I did not. But now I do, I will take them with me, when I get out. I'll turn them against you, " He says lowly. I growl, my own eyes turning amber.

     "Over my dead body!" I yell.

     "You implanted a parasite into my little brother. When I get a hold of him, I'll kill it and the donor!" He yells with the same anger I showed him. In my anger, I take the keys from the guards and use their gloves to open the iron bars. I grab Haydens neck and get him on the floor, forcing him into submission.

     "You will fucking die before you even get the chance. I will make sure you have a painful death." I say, my voice apparently so dominating the guards shrink away a little, showing their necks to me. All the while Hayden wheezes and tries to writhe away from my grab, but he's tied up securely.

     When I'm done, I pick him up by the neck and throw him into the wall before turning away, locking the cell and practically throwing the keys at the guard. Hayden coughs and wheezes and lets out pitiful sounds.

     I need to get back to my Axel.

     Despite my anger, I thank the guards and leave the dungeon. I get on the surface, shift to my wolf, and run to the main packhouse. It only takes about 10 minutes for me to get to the front door.

     I paw at the door, and Alissa lets me in. I bark in thanks and trot up the stairs. I do the same thing with our bedroom door, and I hear Caroline's gate coming to it. She looks down at me, and for once, smiles at me.

     "Take care of my boy, " She says, patting my head before leaving.

     I take that at a big win. She's a very beautiful woman, but her face is wrinkled from stress and she's only 46 years old I'm pretty sure.

     I close the door and hop into bed with my mate, who is sleeping. I lay next to him to keep him warm, resting my head on his chest so I can hear his heartbeat.

Hello guys! In the next chapter, I'll probably do a time skip. I'm thinking maybe 4-5 months?

Did you guys think this chapter moved fast? I'm not gonna rewrite it, but re-reading it, it seems to move a little fast pace to me. Your thoughts?

If you're confused, please ask me lol and I'll explain to you. It's my fault because I didn't go into enough detail most likely anyways lol

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter!