15.

"What the hell Manik.."Nandini yelled as Manik continued to smirk. "Tum Pagal ho gae ho.."she tried to free her hands but couldn't. "..kya kar rahe ho yeh tum.."

"Wahi jo mujhe seven months pahle karna chahiye tha.."Manik walked towards her at a slow place while he continued "..but it's better late than never right.."he winked at her fanning her anger even more.

"What the hell Manik.."Nandini scowled."Kya bakwas kar rahe ho tum..open my hands..and let me go.."

"Sorry Nandu.."her eyes widened in horror as he devilishly smirked at her after calling her with that name "..unfortunately I can't.."

"What nonsense Manik.."she looked at him with nothing but anger in her eyes. "I had enough of you...now free me so that..."but before she could finish his sentence he spoke "..so that you could run away again...Oh come on Nandini..at least for once do something innovative..don't you get bored repeating the same thing again and again.."

"What do you mean.."she snapped at him which only made his smile wider.

"Exactly what you understood.."Manik finally bend down so that he and Nandini were eye to eye. Nandini looked away from him and spoke "..I have no clue what you are referring to Mr.Malhotra.."

"Is it..Miss Murthy.."Nandini didn't reply which made him smirk. "Fine..so let me say it out loud..if that's what you want.." Manik got back on his feet and looking straight at her spoke "You are a coward Nandini Murthy..that's what I am referring to.."

"What.."Nandini was about to say something when Manik cut her in "Yes...Miss Murthy you heard me correct..You are a coward..in fact you are nothing like the Nandini whom I met a year ago..."

Manik's words shocked her because of which she was left speechless.When she didn't say anything Manik continued.

"You aren't anything like that Nandini who saved a strange boy from committing suicide.."

"You aren't anything like that Nandini who went against Fab5 to protect her best friend from getting any more tortured."

"And of course you aren't anything like that Nandini who had the guts to punched MANIK MALHOTRA --THE INDISPUTABLE KING OF SPACE ACADEMY--in front of the whole college because he crossed his line that day.."

"Nope.."Manik shook his head. "You aren't like that Nandini--who used to face every situation head on..'

"Nothing or Nobody had the potential to stop her one she decides anything.."

"That Nandini was the most determined..and courageous person I have ever come across.."

"That Nandini was someone who wasn't to be messed with--ever.."

"That Nandini made her competitors kneel in front of her.."

"That Nandini wasn't anything like you--who knows only to run away from situations as soon as it gets tough.."

"You simply give up without even attempting to fight.."

"No.."Manik shook his head. "There is no chance you can't be that Nandini.."

"..because that Nandini wasn't a defeatist.."

"That Nandini was anything but a looser.."

"..unlike you.."Manik pointed at her. "...who simply choose to surrender rather than fighting back. You simply chose to act as a victim rather than making the life of the person a living hell who hurt you. You weren't supposed to run Nandini..you were supposed to teach that person the lesson of his life.."

Nandini's eyes widened in shock as she understood what he was referring to.

"You weren't wrong Nandini...then why didn't you stop him from doing wrong that day.."

"You have stopped him several times whenever he was wrong...then why didn't you stopped him that day.."

"Why didn't you punched him that day when he said all those nonsense and rubbish things to you..you should have straightaway broke his mouth for saying all those nasty things to you.."

"You should have taught him a lesson Nandini...but instead you chose to leave everything behind and run away.."

"Yes you were hurt..Yes you were broken..but does that mean that you will let the person who wronged you get away so easily.."

"You were supposed to fight back Nandini. You were supposed to show that person his right place for saying all those pathetic things to you.."

"But you didn't.."

Manik shook his head once again and looking straight into her eyes continued "You just didn't Nandini Murthy..because you simply chose to run..away from your dreams...your family..your friends..and.."Manik abruptly stopped.

Nandini looked up to find Manik gawking at her as he finally said the words out loud."..and me.."

An unsaid emotion passed between both of them as they both continued to look into each other eyes.

"Why Nandini.."Manik asked without breaking their eye contact. "Why.."

"Because of you Manik Malhotra.."Nandini finally spoke as she couldn't take it anymore. "I left everything because of You.."

"That's exactly my point Nandini.."Manik pressed. "Why did my action hurt you so much...why did it mattered to you so much..You could have taught me lesson..you could have punished me for my deeds..but rather you simply chose to leave everything behind..and that's what confusing me..why did I mattered to you so much Nandini..bolo Nandini..jawab do.."

And the next moment everyone changed..

...for Manik...

...was Nandini finally said the words out loud.

"Because I loved you Manik Malhotra.."

"I loved you..."

-------------------------------------------------------