21.

"What.."Manik's eyes widened in shock as he read the paper in his hand. "When did this.."he looked at Kishori and completed his question."..all happened.."

"When you and Nandini decided to give your relationship another chance.."Manik's eyes were about to pop out of his socket as Kishori said the words out loud.

He gasped."You knew.."

Kishori smiled. "Kyu..nahi janna chahiye tha.."

"It's not like that.."Manik was embarrassed beyond level. "Never in his widest imagination has he expected Kishori to be so smart. Now he so wanted to kill himself for underestimating her. He was looking down as he was really embarrassed. Finally somehow he managed to get the words out his mouth. "Since when you came to know about this..and how Amms..I am very sure Nandini didn't tell you..and neither did I..so how did he you found out.."

Kishori shook her head in amusement. "Manik..do you remember what I said to you when on your first day here.."

"Tumhe kya lagta hai..sirf tum ho jo Nandini ko samjhte ho..Main woh hu Manik jo woh bhi samajh leti hai jo Nandini nahi bolti.."

"Uske dil me kya hai..yeh janne ke liye Mujhe uske Shabdo ki zarurat nahi Manik..uski ankhon se hi Mai uske dil ki baat samajh leti hu..uske chahre ko khuli kitab ki tarah Mujhe padhna aata hai Manik.."

Turning to look at Manik she continued."aur pichle kuch dino se jo khushi aur sukoon Maine Nandini ke chahre par dekh rahi hu..jo chamak maine uski ankhon me dekha hai..that's more than enough for me to know ki meri Nandu ke dil me kya Chal raha hai.."

"In these last seven months I have only seen depression on Nandini's face..though she tried not to show it..but it was clear she was broken from inside. She was in lot of pain..she was hurt..very badly.."

"..but after taking everything into consideration I decided to invite you here in this hope that I might get my vivacious Nandu back.."

"I won't lie Manik..I had my share of doubts..but after today all my doubts have vanished.."

"..as today...finally...after so long...I saw my old Nandu back.."

"When she was singing with you I could see the same shine on her face...same happiness in her eyes..which made it evident that indeed I made the correct choice of inviting you here.."

"...as all she needed was you Manik"

"..and the shine and happiness on her face is a clear indication of that.."

"..and that's why I took this decision.."

"..that Nandini will re-join SPACE.."

"She will go back to Mumbai to finish her music education.."

"And unlike last time I am not worried for her because I know this time you will protect her..won't you.."

Kishori's words made him smile. "Always Amms..Always.."

"Good..and that's why I have given you this letter to you..as i want you to break this news to her..I am sure that you would convince her to go back to Mumbai with you all.."Kishori requested. "Will you help me with this Manik.."

"Of course Amms.."he held her hands. "Of course I will.."

Kishori smiled as she caressed Manik's head. "This is more like a gift for Nandini on her special day..hopefully she would accept this without a fuss.."

Kishori's words caught his attention."Special Day..what do you mean by that Amms.."

"Nandini's birthday Manik.."Manik's eyes widened in horror as Kishori spoke the words out loud. "..which is tommorow.."

"Tommorow is Nandini's Birthday.."he shook his head in disbelief. "Oh Man.."

"Actually Manik..it's already her birthday.."Kishori pointed towards the wall clock.

Manik's eyes fell on the clock and his eyes popped out as he realised what the time was..

12.07 A.M.

"Oh Crap.."He slapped his forehead. "Itna late kaise Ho Gaya. I am such a bad person..how can I not know this.."Manik was about to panic when Kishori cut him off. "It's not your fault Manik...you didn't knew when was her birthday..so how will you remember it at first place..and secondly it's not your fault it's mine..as the task stretched so long that it got so late..so just relax..she won't eat you up"

"I know she won't.."Manik looked at her innocently. "..but what would she think about me..I mean it's her first birthday with me..with all of US...and I didn't even knew about it..I am so disappointed with myself..and I am very sure that so will be Nandini..just hope she could forgive me.."

"She will forgive you Manik..relax..and now go to her before she actually ends up killing you.."Kishori grinned.

"Your blessings are with me..right.."Manik questioned. "As today I might required all of it.."

"Always Manik..Always.."saying this Kishori blessed him by a placing her hands on his head."Aiyappa will help you too..don't worry..now go.."

"You are the best Amms.."Manik's face was etched with gratitude towards her. "..and thank you for everything.."saying this Manik walked out of Kishori's room.

He turned toward the corridor that had Nandini's room in it.He was about to enter Nandini's room when someone stopped him.

Rama..

"Nandu didi apne Kamre me nahi hai.."Rama informed Manik.

"Kyu..iss waqt woh kaha gai hai.."Manik questioned.

"Woh nahi pata Mujhe..bas itna pata hai ki unhoney apke liye yeh letter diya hai.."Rama extended the letter to him which Manik took hesitantly. "..issey zyada ab aap jano aur didi janey.."saying this Rama walked out of the place without giving Manik a chance to speak.

Manik anxiously opened the letter..

...but soon..

..anxiousness got replaced by happiness as he read the letter.

"Mujhe pata tha..ki tum Mujhe dhundte hue jaroor aaogey..dhund lo Mujhe..I am waiting for you---Nandini.."

Manik smiled as he folded the letter. "Okay birthday girl..if that's what you want.."

"Your wish my command"

-------------------------------------------------------

A/N:-

Last two chapters (i.e,Chapter 22 & Chapter 23) will be posted by Tommorow evening.

In case you all don't get the notification try checking it directly here.

I will see you all tomorrow.

God bless ❤️