Richpez - Diane

"Do you have to take Diane with you to Michigan?" I asked using my best puppy dog eyes.

"Yes, Joey. I gotta bring my baby with me everywhere or she'll miss her mommy." Lauren said back

"I thought I was your baby."

Lauren rolled her eyes, and continued packing her suitcase of everything she would need for the short trip to Michigan to spend the holidays with her family.

"You are my baby, but I'm still taking Diane." Lauren said, turning to give me a peck on the cheek.

I groaned and followed Lauren around how Diane usually does. Maybe I could convince her to pack me along and say I was the dog too. It's not that Lauren's family (or mine for that matter) wouldn't love to have us both for the holidays, but this was the hard part of Lauren moving so far away from where she grew up. She never got to see her family so going home for the holidays was kind of important. I would feel awful not seeing my mom and dad on Christmas so when Lauren first moved out here we mutually agreed we'd go home for the holidays with no hard feelings.

"I'm gonna be so lonely. No pretty girlfriend, no pretty dog. Just me and my thoughts and probably Brian and Corey." I said, coming to a halt in the entrance of the living room while Lo sat on the couch.

"Boo hoo. Must be a miserable life."

"It is!"

Lauren patted the couch next to her and I walked over and threw myself on top of her dramatically.

"Please don't leave me. I'm just a lil baby who needs attention!" I said, trying to get the tears to well up in my eyes.

"I believe it." She laughed.

Lauren started running her fingers through my hair, and softly humming something that sounded like it was from Firebringer but I couldn't really tell.

"I love you."

"Baby... I love you too." She said, leaning down to kiss me on the forehead.

I grabbed her around the waist, and maneuvered my body on the couch to where Lauren was laying on top of me.

"Joey!"

"I need cuddles!"

Lauren laughed at me and wrapped her arms as much around me as she could.

I ran my fingers through her hair and she started humming again. It turns out she was humming a song that was technically from Firebringer. It was Together, but she was humming the Jim and The Povolos version because it was much slower. I started humming along with her and tried my best to match the random key that she had decided was best for this moment.

When we finished the very off key and probably off rhythm humming we just laid there enjoying each other's company. I thought Lauren had fallen asleep, and I was starting to drift off myself thinking how lucky I was.

"Do you think you'd ever want to get married someday? To me I mean." Lauren said, breaking me out of my half asleep trance.

I had to stop and think about it for a second. I know Lauren wasn't expecting an immediate yes or no answer. This isn't something we talked about a lot and it's something she'd want me to think and be honest about. Of course I've thought about marrying Lauren. I would love to marry her someday. I knew that neither of us were ready and the time wasn't right, but I also knew she was my entire future and if we decided to marry one day, then I would never object.

"Lauren Lopez, I would love to marry you someday."

She didn't answer me with words but snuggled tighter into my chest.

Diane must have gotten jealous from all of our cuddling and attention we were giving each other, because she started yelping at us and jumped up on the couch to lay on top of me too.

Lauren laughed, and moved her body more to the side so she could cuddle with me and Diane.

"Do you see what I have to miss while you're in Michigan?"

"Yes, must be terrible for you."

"It will be!"

Lauren laughed and leaned up to kiss me on the mouth this time.

"Babe. I love you more than anything but if we're gonna nap can we do it in the bedroom? If we nap on the couch we're both gonna wake up grumpy."

Lauren giggled at me and probably purposely put all of her body weight on my torso to get herself into a sitting position.

She hopped of the couch and grabbed Diane with one arm, and yanked me up with her other. I'll never get over how strong she is.

"Lets go! I'm sleepy!" She said dragging me behind her into our shared room.

"Whatever you wish, princess."

A/N: first of all, thank you for everyone who was concerned about me being sick in the comments of the last chapter; but like I was trying to sleep and I couldn't because my fever was so high and my cough was so bad it's not like I was going out of my way to not sleep when I'm literally on my death bed smh y'all acting like I'm an armature at this. Second of all, I promise I'm gonna update my other stories soon but I have literally no ideas for them right now so yikes hopefully I'll have a bad enough day on Christmas that I'll get some inspiration lmao. Third of all, thank you for reading!! Sorry this chapter was short