Richpez - Fake Dating part 1

"My parents think we're dating and I need you to go along with it." Lauren said to Joey, as soon as she met him at the airport for their short week stay at her parents house before he helped her move to Chicago.

"Gosh, Lauren! I missed you too! You give the best hugs and I've missed them so much!" Joey replied, not even batting an eye at the situation Lauren had brought up.

Lauren just rolled her eyes and wrapper her arms around Joey for a hug. It was probably longer than it needed to be, but she was stressed and he smelled like the familiarity of Joey and she didn't want to let go.

Joey gave her a quick kiss on the forehead before pulling out of the hug and releasing them both back into the cold air of the airport.

"So why does your parents, I'm assuming your mom specifically, think we're together?" Joey asked as he lead Lauren over to grab his luggage.

"I really have no idea. I never told her we were. I guess she just assumed and my dad agreed because he doesn't really care."

"Well I guess that makes sense. Most of our friends thought we were together for awhile too... and Darren still thinks we're together."

"Darren's just jealous." Lauren said blankly. Slightly pulling away from Joey.

Darren was still kind of a touchy subject. After he broke up with Lauren he didn't really seem to remember what breaking up meant, which lead Lauren on an emotional roller coaster and Joey behind her picking up the pieces until he finally convinced her to tell Darren that broken up means broken up.

"Right... regardless, why didn't you just tell your parents we aren't together?" Joey asked pulling his luggage off the belt and grabbing Lauren's hand with his free one.

It took Lauren a minute to answer as she lead them to the car, Joey already knew he would be the one driving, and she looked around to view her surroundings as if she was afraid someone might hear.

"I did tell them we weren't together but they just laughed and said they remembered what it was like to be our age."

The rest of the walk to the car was kind of silent as they both seemed to be processing the information. Well, Lauren had probably already processed it all but now that Joey was actually here it became a little more real.

"Here." Lauren said handing the car key over to Joey. "I'll have to tell you how to get there but-"

"I know, it's okay. I'm happy to drive." Joey said taking the key, and getting shivers when his fingers touched hers.

Lauren grabbed his suitcase and threw it in the trunk, only coming back to the passengers side to laugh at him as he was moving the seat back from how close to the wheel she had to have it.

On the way to Lauren's house, she told Joey that he would be sleeping in her room, not that sharing a bed was uncommon for them. It wasn't rare for Lauren to call Joey because she'd had a nightmare and needed him to come over, or that Joey was anxious because of how bad the snow storm was supposed to be and asked Lauren to come over so he'd know she was safe. Before too long they were always sleeping in the same bed, which is probably why all of their friends thought that they were together.

"Do you think we act like a couple?" Lauren asked about 5 minutes before arriving to her house.

"I mean. I guess I can see where people get that idea." Joey replied, looking over to her.

Lauren gave him a small smile and reached over to grab his hand.

"We've just gotta act like we always do. It won't be a big deal."

"I know. I trust you." Joey said before opening the car door to step out into the world where Lauren was his girlfriend.

A/N: Hi! So I'm not really sure how many parts this mini series is gonna be but the idea popped into my head because of the post on tumblr that was like "I know the plot of the fake dating but I keep reading them and being shocked on what happens" bc that's me as hell and I figured why not write one. Thank you for reading! Y'all keep me going!