one

After the kiss my mind was sent into a tailspin. Lena fell into a peaceful sleep on my chest but I couldn't. All I wanted to do was fly around the city in excitement and happiness but I wasn't going to move with Lena still on my chest. I don't know how I managed to do it but I eventually fell asleep with Lena tucked tightly under my chin.

The next morning when I woke I was greatly disappointed to find Lena was not still asleep with me. In fact Sam was also gone as well as I sat up on the couch.

"Last night was the most fun I had in a long time." I looked up from the carpeted floors to find Sam in a National City University t-shirt and sweatpants with wet hair hanging in loose waves down her shoulders.

"Yea it was a great night, do you know where Lena went?" I asked trying not to sound so worried.

"She went to the penthouse to get ready for meetings. Since she is no longer reasonable for the kids getting sick she wanted to reinstate herself as CEO to both L-Corp and CatCo. Her lawyers are going to want to kill her after today." Sam informed me as she sat back down on the recliner with a mug of coffee in her hand.

It was hard but I hid the disappointment on my face pretty well. After I got my stuff together I helped Sam clean up a little bit before leaving for Alex's apartment. Once I got to an alley down the street from Sam's house I flew off to find my sister. When I got to her apartment I pushed on the door so hard, I broke it off the hinges. Carefully I put the door back in its place before walking into the apartment.

When I walked around the corner to see her bed I was met with two guns pointed at my face.

"Whoa Whoa! It's just me!" I said and backed up away from the two law enforcement agents with automatic weapons pointed in my directions.

"Damn it Kara, we could have blown your face off." Alex said and dropped her gun onto her bed.

"Yea little Danvers you should have knocked." Maggie said and tucked her gun away.

"I'm sorry, it's just a lot has happened and I need to talk to you." I said in a rush as I put my coat down on the chair and started pacing back and forth.

"What's going on Kara?" Alex asked stepping right in my path, cutting me off.

"Lena kissed me last night." I said still trying to going over everything that happened last night in my head.

"WHAT?" Both women yelled at me.

I was still having a hard time processing everything when I felt Alex's hands on my cheek. She made me look at her in the eyes.

"Kara breath, just like me in and out." Alex said and I followed her lead. Once I was able to get a good breath in Alex brought me to the couch to sit down. Maggie is sitting to my right with a glass of water in her hand. She gave it to me and started rubbing my back as I Alex starting rubbing patterns on my knee.

"Start from the beginning Kara, please." She said in a soothing voice.

It took a minute but I finally got out everything that happened yesterday starting with Lena being framed for poisoning those kids and ending with waking up this morning without Lena being there. Both women took everything in and when I was done Maggie got up off the couch and came back with a couple of beers and handed one to Alex.

"Mags its only 11 o'clock in the morning." Alex said and didn't take a beer.

"Speak for yourself. Little Danvers how did you feel to wake up this morning without Lena being there?" Maggie asked after popping the top off her beer and taking a swig.

"I felt incomplete." I said looking at my hands. "Waking up without her it made my heart crack again."

Alex sat next to me on the couch now and pulled me into her arms. I didn't move in her arms, I couldn't.

"What should I do?" I asked quietly.

"Follow your heart Kara, do you like Lena?" Alex asked.

"I had so many feelings for her but until the kiss, I didn't know what they meant. That kiss I think put things into perspective that the feelings I have are more than friendly feelings." I answered.

"Good, you try and talk to her and see what she remembered from last night and go from there." Maggie said this time.

I stayed with Alex and Maggie for the rest of the weekend not wanting to be alone in my apartment. I'm most likely going to have to see Lena at work on Monday morning and I didn't want to talk to her till then. I need a few days to collect my thoughts. If I had to go into work and see Lena the next day I would probably be a mess. Not probably, I would actually be a mess.

I was a mess all weekend. I poured my whole being into catching bad guys and saving kittens from trees. There wasn't much going on this weekend. Mostly everyone was behaving so I didn't have much to do. I spent most of my time just flying around National City, trying to get rid of all anxiety that has built up over what happened Friday night.

Unfortunately the weekend had to come to an end. I bid Alex and Maggie goodbye for now and returned back to my empty apartment alone. After climbing through the window and throwing my bag on the ground of my room I collapsed on the couch.

"Rao, why do things have to be so complicated?" I asked to the universe.

"It's because you overthink everything." I heard from behind me.

I jumped up from the couch and spun around to find Sam sitting on a chair at the kitchen table. No, I'm still in my Supergirl outfit. It was too late to do anything about it though because Sam was looking right at me.

"Wow, I thought Lena was making things up last night." Sam said and walked over to me.

"Sam you can't say anything to Lena." I said walking closer to her.

"I promise, I won't say anything to her but we need to talk about Friday night." Sam said. I looked at her and sighed. Tonight was going to be a long Sunday night.

Welcome back to the new and improved Persistent guys. I will be posting updates once a week on Sundays until the story is completed.  

Song on the side is From Eden by Hozier, the music video stars Katie McGrath and its a cute video to go along with a great song. 

Drop a like or a comment letting me know what you think so far to help keep me motivated. 

~Amanda