thirty

Today's the day. I'm getting married. I'm getting married to my best friend and the love of my life. I've been waiting for this day for two years. Two years of planning and two years of stress has finally come to a head with this day.

            Lena and I are getting married in a private family only ceremony at my childhood home in Midvale. At first Lena wanted to have a large wedding with everybody that she knew but that was the farthest thing from what I wanted. I wanted something small and private because I wanted to incorporate some Kryptonian traditions and I knew I couldn't if we had a large wedding. When I told Lena my feelings about it she completely changed her tune. Instead of a large ceremony we are going to have a large reception.

            In the past two years Lena and I have only gotten closer. Now that L Corp is no more Lena has spent a lot of time at home working in her lab in the basement. Lena locked herself in the basement for the first few months and just worked on new inventions she had to table while she was CEO because she didn't have time to work on them. But now all Lena has is time and it took her a while to realize that she doesn't have to answer to a board to directors anymore.

            When she finally realized that she didn't completely lock herself away anymore. She would take breaks and come up for air and wouldn't go back down for a few days. I like this side of Lena. It made me fall deeper in love with her to see her so excited about creating again.

            After the proposal Lena and I had to hide out in our home for a few months because someone put it on CatCo's website and we went viral. Needless to say we weren't complaining about spending more time alone together in the townhouse.

            Things started to die down around the time Alex and Maggie got married. After seeing their wedding in our childhood homes backyard I knew that this is where I wanted to marry Lena. The ceremony was simple and beautiful just like my sister and her wife. I got to stand next to her and be her maid of honor as she married Maggie. It made me so happy to be able to be there for her on her special day.

            The reception the following day was a bit crazy. Alex and Maggie rented out the alien bar and everybody got hammered including myself. Towards the end of the night everyone was getting really sloppy and Alex and Maggie actually broke a pool table after they jumped on top of it and started belting out I Will Always Love You by Whitney Huston. I was just happy I was able to catch that on video.

            For our wedding our guest list was rather small just about 20 of us in total. The reception on the other hand was a different story. Lena had to invite a lot of people that she worked with because of her status. It didn't matter to much to me who would be at the reception as long as we had our private ceremony.

            Since we got engaged on Halloween we thought it would be fitting to get married on Halloween as well. People thought we were a bit crazy for that but I didn't care. It's Lena's favorite holiday and I thought that our marriage should be considered a holiday as well.

            "Why aren't you dressed yet Kara? You need to be downstairs in ten minutes!" Alex said and burst my thought bubble.

            "Sorry I spaced out a bit, have you seen Lena yet?" I asked and started to unzip the garment bag.

            "Yes I did and she looks beautiful, now come on, you wanted to walk down the aisle first so you need to be on time." Alex said and started to help me into my dress. I wanted to get married in a traditional rob like we would wear on Krypton but I had a hard time explaining what they looked like to a designer. So I had a simple white dress made with my house crest stitched into it. My hair is down in waves with on piece clipped back.