twentysix

Alex informed me over the coms that they finally got Lena out of her office with a laptop to hopefully disable the robots from the DEO once they get there. Maggie stayed behind to help her department with evacuating the National City skyrises because we didn't know where else Lex planted bombs.

            Kal is working on putting out fires in Spheerical Industries and I started to help him. Once the major fires were under control I left Kal to go to CatCo. The building its self isn't structurally sound but it's not going to fall any second. Lex's robots did a good job at getting people out of the building though.

            I landed on James' balcony and took a look inside of our office. Paper was everywhere, lots of the desks were overturned, computers were burning small fires in the floor as I came to stand by what used to be my desk. I sighed and took in the blown out windows and TV screens hanging off the wall. I looked over my desk and saw all of my pictures were burnt to a crisp and someone punched a hole through my computer. It's a good thing I back my hard drive up every night on a UBS I tape inside my draw. I opened the draw and felt around for the drive and found it and placed it inside the same pocket of the polaroid of Lena and I.

            Taking one last look at CatCo I knew I needed to move out and find Lex. CatCo will always hold an important part of my heart and I fully intend on being here to help rebuild it. I couldn't look back as I fly out of the broken windows in search of Lex.

            "Kal, any update on Lex?" I asked as I flew to the ground to help get people off the street.

            "He's in front of National City Arena talking to the press about how his robots are here to help the city. Kara I'm in the middle of evacuating the building, I can't get there. You need to get him away from the crowd and the press to stop him." Kal said.

            "I'm on it." I said and took off towards National City Arena.

            Lex is standing in his Lexosuit in front of a dozen of news reporters. He is explaining is grand return in time to save National City from an attack orchestrated by Cadmus, an anti-alien terrorist group headed by Lillian Luthor. Lex just threw his own mother under the bus.

            "I think that's enough Lex." I said after I slammed down on the pavement. I wanted everyone to know of my presence. I wanted to take the attention away from Lex.

            "Nice of you to show up Supergirl but I kind of have things covered here." Lex said and pushed his way through the group of reporters.

            "Sure you are going to take all the credit for saving the day while Superman and I couldn't help because of the red sun, which thanks to Lena reversed it, but we are here now and we don't need your help. Aren't you supposed to be in prison serving 33 consecutive life sentences?" I asked and put my hands on my hips.

            "Let's not discus those particulars right now Supergirl, right now we need to save the city from this cruel attack by Cadmus." Lex said and hit a button on his wrist which caused his helmet to form over his face and then he took off into the sky.

            "Care to make a comment Supergirl?" A report said and pushed his microphone in my face.

            "It might look like Lex Luthor is helping the city when in reality he is the one to cause all of this. He took his sister Lena hostage, forced his mother Lillian to work with him and caused all of these bombings. Lex Luthor planned and carried out this attack. He did it all from his prison cell. He planned this so he could look like the hero. He wants to be the hero when all he is is just a villain. Please get to safety. I don't know if he has planted other bombs around the city. Superman and I are working hard trying to get everyone safe but we do not know if there are other bombs planted in the city. Use caution, get to a safe place and shelter in place. When Lex Luthor is in custody the agency holding him will inform the public." I said and jumped into the sky to go after Lex.