seven

Time moved fast from there. Alex came in and said the same thing that Maggie told me just in a more scientific way. She also said that she is going to be calling anybody and everybody she knows that works on spines to see if they have any suggestions on how to remove the piece of metal that happens to be stuck in mine. Alex also spoke on how if the bullet stays inside my spine permanently I might have power flairs. This is the first time they have ever been suppressed this long and she is worried that they may come back.

Lena stayed quietly by my side through it all. She helped me dress when Alex was done with her speech and pushed me back to her truck. Sometime later we arrived back at the Luthor Estate and I had no strength to get out of the car. Lena didn't say anything but just sat with me. I don't know how long I sat in the luxury truck for but at some point Lena dropped Balthazar on my lap.

The little cat looked up at me and nudged his chin into mine. That's when I broke. The tears I have been suppressing all day fell from my eyes like a rushing river and I couldn't stop them. I don't know when but after a while Lena appeared on my right. Her hands cupped my face and wiped away the tears that soaked my cheeks.

"Kara I need you to breath for me, you are working yourself into a panic. Breath." Lena said and moved my head to face her. I followed her breathing and slowly calmed down.

"What am I going to do if I can never be Supergirl again?" I voiced the most pressing thought I had.

"You are Kara Danvers before Supergirl. If you can't use your fists to save the world you can use your words, don't forget that, how about we go inside." Lena said cleaning my face off with a warm wash cloth.

I just nodded in response as Balthazar hopped onto my lap to keep me company while Lena got my wheelchair ready. Once she was ready I slid into the seat and the cat reclaimed his place on my lap. Lena pushed us inside and we went right into the dining area of the Estate. This is the first time seeing it and I can only imagine how lonely it can get in here being by yourself. The grand dining table has ten chairs on both sides of the table to and two large chairs at the ends.

The table itself is a dark wood with all of the chairs matching in color. The walls are a light grey with large windows on the far wall of the room. Ceiling to floor windows show off the backyard and the city skyline in the far background. There was one chair missing at the table and Lena pushed me to it. Once I was settled Lena sat in the chair next to me.

"I just want you to know that your sister isn't the only one that is out there looking for second opinions from doctors. I have friends in higher places then your sister and I have meetings with some doctors lined up this week. We are both going to do whatever we can to get that bullet out Kara." Lena said her hand covering mine.

"But what if there is nothing they can do? You were in the same room with me while you heard Alex speak. She doesn't think that anybody would be able to remove it Lena. And if there is someone who you both think can we would have to expose myself as Supergirl for them to try and remove it." I countered.

"Let us worry about the doctors and all those possibilities Kara, for now we just want you to rest." Lena said and forced me to look up at her.

I didn't say anything else as Mira came into the room holding two bowls of soup. She placed one in front of me and the other in front of Lena. She returned with some bread and another little bowl she placed on the table for Balthazar. I smiled as the cat joined Lena and myself for the meal. We ate in silence. Neither of us knew what to say to other. When we were done Mira came back and collected the dirty dishes.