nine

When we were settled in the car Alex asked me about what happened with Lena. I didn't want to go into details with what happened so I gave her the cliff notes. She didn't say anything to me about it and not before long we were at the DEO. We got there and everything was normal which made me happy. The DEO still being normal gave me a sense of relief.

Alex left me at command to go to her office to get some work done while I went off to find Winn. He was at his usual desk when I arrived and when he turned he saw me.

"It's so nice to see you Kara." He said and got out of his chair and came over to me and wrapped me up in a big bear hug.

"It's been too long Winn." I said and clung to my good friend.

"How have you been?" He asked when he pulled away.

"Today is a good day. How are you doing? How's the DEO been with Supergirl down?" I said leaving it at that.

"We have been managing. Nothing major has happened since the accident which is surprising. But nonetheless nobody is complaining." Winn said filling me in on what I've been missing.

A little while later J'onn came down from his office to see me as well. We caught up a bit and he asked about how I'm feeling to which I gave the same answer I gave Winn. J'onn and I went into details about how things have going for the past couple of months while I've been laid up. There hasn't been much crime and if something major happened the called on the Guardian. J'onn also said that they haven't seen Lillian Luthor since my accident which is both good and unsettling at the same time.

We also started to make a list of possible suspects for my shooting. At first we thought that the person who did this was actually after Lena but since we found out that the bullet was made from kryptonite that theory went out the window. While we were there Alex wanted to get a scan of my back. I'm pretty sure that Lena has been sending her updates from the Estate but since I'm here Alex wanted to get one for herself.

Once I was done Alex looked it over. She also started to compare all of the pervious scans Lena has taken.

"Today you said you were having a good day right Kara?" Alex said.

"Yes, the first day in weeks were I've been able to be out and about moving myself." I answered.

"When you were with Lena she did her scans in the morning right? And that's when most of the pain would start?" Alex said.

"Yea, it would come in waves in the morning and depending on when it stopped would determine how the day would go." I answered.

"I think the bullet inside you is a kryptonite dispersion unit. See look at the difference in these." Alex said.

She went in deep with the science talk while I just watched her make notes and call Lena. They think that the reason why I'm having a good day today is because the device is out of kryptonite. I just went along with it while Lena and Alex talked science to each other. I got so bored super quick so I called Maggie to pick me up. Once I explained why I called she agreed to come get me.

Maggie and I left Alex at the DEO to continue her science experiments with Lena. Maggie and I actually went to the Alien Bar for a little. We had a drink and some food before going back to the apartment. Maggie mostly lives with Alex by now even though she still has her apartment near police headquarters. When she works nights she stays at her place because it's closer to the police station.

Maggie only carried my bag with her but let me do everything on my own. It was nice to actually have the strength to do things myself again. I just hope it would last. I don't like being dependent on others for my everyday needs. So I'm learning how to do things with just my arms. I'm going to need to build my upper body strength.

Alex came home a little while later and we just relaxed on the couch and watched movies the rest of the night. It was a nice change of pace. Maggie made some popcorn and Alex grabbed her candy stash and we had a movie night together.

When the movie was over we rolled onto another and after the second movie I must have fell asleep because the next thing I knew was it was morning. Sun was shining through the window and a puffy blanket was thrown over me. I wiped my eyes and looked around. Alex and Maggie were both asleep on the bed cuddled in each other's arms.

I really do hope that one day I can have a relationship like theirs'. The honestly and loyalty the two have for each other is second to none. They have a bond between each other that is unbreakable. They mellow each other out when the other is having a crazy or bad day. It's something you don't see often these days and I wish I can have that one day. Hopefully with Lena.

I let the love birds sleep in for a while as I made breakfast for all of us. I tend to be very good at making pancakes. Pancakes also happens to be the only thing I can make really well. So I just went to town making pancakes. At some point Alex and Maggie woke up as I was towards the end of my pancake making. They both eat a lot more than I thought they would so I had to make some more batter for pancakes for myself to eat.

When we were all done Maggie said she was going to do the dishes and Alex was going to take me home. Well, back to Lena's. Before we were going to the Luthor Estate Alex and I were going to stop by the DEO for yet another scan and some blood work, my favorite.

I didn't complain as I went into the CAT scan machine again or as Alex stuck me with some needles for my blood. When we were done Alex and I met the team in command for a few minutes. As of right now there are no leads as to who shot me expect for the usual suspects, Lillian Luthor being prime suspect number 1.

We even video conferenced with Clark in Metropolis. To my surprise Clark came to National City when I first got shot. He tried to help Alex and Lena with removing the bullet fragments but he was too shaky to help. Clark said he hasn't heard anything out of the usual when it came to threats against us. So that was a good sign.

When the call was over Alex and I actually returned to my apartment for a little bit. The place was still a mess but at least the couches aren't flipped over anymore. Alex and I spent a good few hours cleaning my place up. Alex said that she is going to call a friend of hers to repaint my apartment, one that doesn't ask questions and is discreet. We just pulled all of the Supergirl pictures off the wall.

Since I was going to be staying with Lena for the foreseeable future I packed a larger bag with clothes and other things I wanted to take with me. Once I collected my things Alex and I left my apartment for the Estate.

"Today is another good day?" Alex asked as we started to pull up the driveway of the Estate.

"Yes it is." I said and gave her a small smile.

When we pulled up to the front of the house Lena was waiting for us out front. She looked a bit refreshed and it looked like her skin had more color in it then it's had in a few weeks.

"Looks like your girl is waiting." Alex said.

"Don't start" I said and sighed as I hopping into the waiting wheelchair.

The moment I sat in the chair it felt like I got shot again. Searing pain went through my whole body and I screamed out in pain. I don't know where it is coming from but it felt like the bullet moved in my spine and is trying to slice right through it. I don't know how it happened but my laser eyes flared out. I tried not look at anything around and let the wave pass. My powers died out just as quickly as they came and I felt the cold hard floor beneath me.

The pain slowly died down but it was still very present as I opened my eyes and saw the blue sky above me. 

A/N i know this is a short one but i needed to split this chapter and the next one in two otherwise it would be wayyyyyy to long of a chapter. 

Hope you enjoy some more kara drama. 

~Amanda