eighteen

The charity dinner lasted way to long into the night for Kara. After a few more dances with Lena they retired to their table to eat some of the dinner they abandoned when Lillian crashed the party. Sam was nowhere to be found trying to direct all the guest towards the exits at the end of the night. Lena was able to sneak a couple more whiskeys from the waiters she tipped heavily and by the time we finished our cold dinners Lena was drunk. Drunk enough that I had to put her in my lap and wheel us both to our waiting limo.

When we arrived at the Estate Lena was passed out in the back seat and I had to have Mira help me put Lena in my wheel chair and push her into the house. I needed some help getting Lena into bed and I struggled getting her out of her suit. By the time I was done my back was killing me and I was so ready for bed myself. I thanked Mira about a million times for her help and Mira told me this was the first time in years that she's seen Lena like this. I stored her comment to ask her about that tomorrow and got myself in bed beside the drunken woman who was snoring lightly. Sleep came easily to me tonight as soon as I settled in bed.

The next morning I was awake before Lena. The sun was towards the middle of the sky and Lena was still sound asleep next to me. Slowly I got out of bed and took a bath to try and get the smell of alcohol out of my hair and pours. When I rolled back into Lena's room the woman was still sound asleep. Carefully I kissed her forehead and closed the curtains on the windows and made my way out of her room.

Mira was waiting for me downstairs with a fresh pot of coffee. Balthazar is laying out on the kitchen island as I took the coffee mug from Mira and took a sip.

"When you said you haven't seen Lena like this in a long time what did you mean?" I asked.

"When Lena was first starting to work for Luthor Corp in the labs whenever a project would blow up in her face literally she would go to a dive bar and I would have to go basically pick her up off the floor. Because she went to college at sure an early age she really didn't have many friends her own age. Some of those friends were really bad influences on her.

"You know about how her family was, with Lillian and Lex. After Lionel died she shrunk into herself. Lillian and Lex started to do what they did and Lena was left to follow in there footsteps. When Luthor Corp started to get big Lena distanced herself from them. Working in the lab only, she didn't want anything to do with what they were planning. When things started to fall apart with Lillian and Lex's mania she turned to alcohol to try and numb it all. It didn't work.

"She got a handle on it when she gave herself alcohol poisoning. Sam was there for that though. She really helped Lena get herself together and pushed her on the straighten arrow. Lena spent a lot of time with Sam and Ruby after the initial fall out after Lex tried to kill your cousin." Mira said and sipped her coffee.

"My cousin?" I asked.

"Superman." Mira clarified.

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Kara you bleed green a little bit, and the word kryptonite Lena kept throwing around. It didn't take much to put two and two together." Mira said.

I didn't say thing to Mira after that taking in the new information I learned. Lena can't spiral right now. With Lillian in custody I need her here in the present. Mira helped me get breakfast together for Lena and when I was done I put it on a tray to take it up to her.

The room was still dark when I got there. Lena still sleeping soundly in bed. I placed the tray down on her nightstand and went to open the curtains. Lena growled a little at the light now shining through the window. She pushed her face deeper into the pillows and covered her head with another.