four

Alex kept me locked up in the DEO for a week under sunlamps hoping they would help. But as the week went on I didn't get any feeling back in my legs. I haven't really spoken to Alex during this time. I don't really want to speak to her. Maggie has tried to get me to talk to Alex but I did't have anything to say to her.

I didn't really want to see anybody during this time. Lena basically lived here with me since I got shot. She hasn't pressed me for details as to what was going on with me but she has seen me struggle trying to move around this room. She has been the only one who hasn't babied me during my recovery. Lena would let me struggle and only helped when I asked for it. Everybody else who has come to visit won't let me do anything.

Alex called Eliza and the two of them have been trying to come up with a plan of how they are going to remove the remaining bullet fragments from my spine. Unfortunately for me, Eliza agrees with Alex's' current course of action, wait and see.

After a week, I really had enough of being stuck in the DEO's basement. I had enough of siting in here and waiting for something to happen. Alex finally agreed to let me go home and recover. Well as it turns out I'm not going home. Since someone knows I'm Supergirl, J'onn doesn't think it would be smart for me to return to my apartment for a while. More like till they catch the person who did this. So for now I am going to be crashing with Lena. When J'onn told me that I wouldn't be going home, Lena forced him to let me go home with her.

At first I thought it would be too much. Lena needs to get back to L-Corp to work and same with CatCo, there is no way that she needs my limp self as a distraction. But I was wrong. She wouldn't let me leave the DEO with anybody else.

Another thing she didn't tell me is that we aren't going to her penthouse. No, we are going to be staying at the Luthor Estate. It's been a while since she has been back here so when she drove up she was a bit tense. As Lena explained to J'onn and Alex, she recently renovated the whole house and revamped the security system. Every window is now made of bulletproof glass; high quality cameras are placed all around the Estate and the acres of land that surrounds the house. There is also a ten-foot fence with barbed wire that saddles the property line and connects to the large 15-foot gate at sit at the front of the long driveway. The only way to get inside the gate is to through facial recognition.

Lena set up my face scan along with Alex, Maggie, J'onn, and Winn, so if there are any issues they can come in without a problem. When Winn went through the security system he looked so happy. Everything was up to the highest standard just like I knew it would be. Everyone stayed at the Estate for a while before they started to filter out. Alex and Maggie were the last ones here because Alex just wanted to make sure that I was okay before she left. Maggie almost had to drag her out of the house, well more like mansion, in the end. But finally Lena and I were left alone.

Being powerless really had its drawbacks though. After everyone left I almost fell asleep from my lack of energy. I don't really know what Lena was up to during this time but a few minutes later when my eyes really started to drop Lena appeared next to me.

"How about we take you to the bedroom so you can rest Kara." Lena said and put her hand over mine.

"Lead the way." I said and released the brakes of the wheelchair I was now confined too.

Lena's mansion was two floors. When she remodeled the place she put an elevator in. I was extremally grateful for it because the all of the bedrooms were on the second floor. It took almost five minutes to get to a bedroom. When she opened the door for me I found my bag on the desk in the far end of the room but just made my way over to the large bed in the middle of the room. I didn't really take in any details of the room as I removed my shoes. Lena wrapped my arm around her shoulders and helped me into the bed. Being depended on another person was something I was going to have to get used to until I gained some strength back in my arms.