two

Sam made herself comfortable on my couch while I change out of my Supergirl suit then I joined her. We just looked at each other for a while before Sam finally spoke.

"Friday morning when I woke up, I found Lena looking up at you. Her fingers were moving some of your hair off your face in a way that looked more intimate then friends. When I cleared my throat to get her attention she pulled her hand away so fast it was like she was burned and looked at me. She honestly looked scared she got caught." Sam said. and moved again on the couch.

"Scared? Why would she be scared?" I asked.

"She's been hurt before Kara, by a lot of people. You know how long it takes Lena to warm up to people. She has put her trust in you which is rare for her to do. She is scared that if something happens between you two she would lose you forever. Lena also still feels guilty about sending Mon-El away because she know that it hurt you and that's something she never wants to do." Sam informed me.

"Wait, how do you know about Mon-El?" I asked since our relationship happened before Sam and Ruby moved to National City.

"Lena and I have been friends for a long time Kara, we have only really connected again recently when she called me about being the CFO to her company, but she talked about you a lot before I decided to move Ruby and I here." Sam said answering one of my questions for her.

I just nodded taking in the new information. There were a lot of things about Sam that are still a mystery to me. I was always jealous of her relationship with Lena but now I can see it as more of a sisterly bond they have.

"What else happened Friday?" I asked wanting to know more.

"After I caught her staring at you she said that you looked just like Supergirl. She thought that you were her. After looking at you for a little bit longer she remembered you didn't have your glasses on and dropped the subject. She only stayed for another five minutes before she left my place to get ready for her day." Sam said.

Great, Lena already thinks I'm Supergirl. That's going to be my next major challenge, how and when I'm going to tell Lena I'm Supergirl.

"How come you never told Lena that you're Supergirl?" Sam asked and tilted her head to the side.

"Well, her last name is Luthor, Lillian is still around and is a risk to me. At first when I met Lena we got along really well and became friends. With her, I could just be Kara and that's all I've ever wanted. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't have some reservations about her last name but they were quickly put to bed the more I got to know Lena. She is her own self-made woman trying to bring the Luthor name out of the gutter." I answered.

Sam and I spent another hour talking before she had to pick Ruby up from her friend's house. She answered a few of my questions and gave me some insight on the inner workings of Lena Luthors mind. I also had to bring up the part that nobody can know I'm Supergirl. Sam wasn't all that shocked that I am her though. She said could see it and everything else fell into place. Once Sam left I showered and got my stuff ready for the morning so I wouldn't have to rush too much. The only thought going through my mind was seeing Lena.

The morning came all to quickly for my liking and I rushed around my apartment getting ready for my day at CatCo. When I found myself walking through the front door of the office, I kept my head down and walked to my desk. Only once I got there did I look up around the office. I was a few minutes early and most of CatCo's employees come in a few minutes late so there were only a few of us here. But when I looked into James' old office and I didn't see Lena there like she has been the last couple of weeks since she bought CatCo.

I found it strange but I didn't dwell on it as I had my own work to do. I needed to work on some story ideas I needed to run by Snapper today. Once I got all of my notes together I made my way to his office to pitch him some idea. But before I could even get a word out of my mouth Snapper told me to get an exclusive from Lena Luthor about retaking over L-Corp and CatCo.