6. Date Day (Part I)

"Camiiilaaaa!" You whined into the phone, "It's supposed to be date night that night."

"I know, but I've got to work," she replied, just as bummed about the whole thing as you were.

"You say that like you work in an office like a normal person." She chuckled softly at that, and you couldn't fight the smile that invaded your lips because of it. It's a good thing you were talking over the phone because you were supposed to be upset, but that was hard around your girlfriend of three years.

"It's really important that I do this, y/n." She was quiet now, and the serious tone the conversation had held earlier came back.

"I know, and I respect that. I just wish it wasn't on the only date night we've been able to plan for the past thousand years."

"Okay, it's been a month. Not a thousand years-"

"It feels like it."

"- and dropping a new album means lots of work!" Her exasperation at the situation was obvious in her tone.

"I know."

"I love you." She offered, and there you were, smiling again. God, you loved that woman so much.

"I love you too." You replied and she must have been able to hear the smile in your voice because she sighed a sigh of relief, "To the moon and back." You added.

Someone took her attention away from you for a second, and you heard shuffling before she said a simple 'Yeah, that's great actually.'

"Whats great?" You couldn't help but ask.

"I don't have to come in until... was it 4?" A pause, in which she must've gotten her answer, "I don't have to come in until 4 next Friday, so... date day?"

Your smile grew, "Date day it is. I'll plan something."

"Love you, y/n/n!"

"Love you too, Karla." You called her by her first name whenever she called you that nickname, because she knew you didn't like it much. Now you couldn't tell her it was growing on you or else she'd use it 24/7.

She chuckled, made a kissing sound, and then hung up. Great, 'date day' it was! Eagerly, you got up and grabbed your notebook to start thinking of ideas of what you could do together. What could you say? You were a planner.

...

Date Day

"Wake up, sleepy head." You whisper, giving Camila a peck on the forehead. She grumbles and turns over, facing away from you. Letting out a sigh, you scoot closer and prop yourself up on your elbow so you could look down at her.

"If you wake up I'll make you pancakes." You bargain, gently kissing her temple this time. One of her eyes flickers open, and she starts to smile at you.

"What type?" She croaks a little.

"Chocolate... with banana slices, of course." You smirk, and she turns back over to face you.

"I really love you." Camila pokes your nose, causing you to scrunch it up little and back away slightly. She foils that second action by putting an arm around your waist and pulling you back towards her.

"No," You whisper, poking her nose back, "you really love bananas."

With that, you kiss her forehead once more and get out of bed, having to wiggle out of her grasp to do so.