44. Trench Warfare

World History. My favourite class. You know why? Because she's in it. Duh. *eye roll*

How could it not be your favourite class when Camila Cabello sits diagonally across from you?

When I enter the class, though, actually excited after spring break to be heading to this class, the first thing that hits me is how hot the room is.

"The A/C must've broken." Someone said.

The next thing that hit me was the fact that the tables had been moved and were standing on their sides, creating barricades on either side of the room. Majorly confused, I shuffled over to the wall and leaned against it, waiting for further instruction.

Just after the bell rang, she came into the classroom too and oH MY GOD. WHO GAVE HER THE RIGHT TO LOOK THAT GOOD? No seriously, I need to have a word with them.

She was wearing a dark red, tight crop top which had a triangle cut out at the top, making it look like a v-neck with a choker attached. She also wore tight black jeans which looked oh so fantastic with that backside of hers.

Her hair was evidently straightened but a little messed up in just the right way. I'd like to know who did her makeup because that winged eyeliner is almost as perfect as she is.

"Dang, Camila!" Her friend Shawn exclaimed as he noticed her, and she smiled a little in response. She hadn't noticed me yet but I continued smirking at her from across to room, trying to control my unnecessary jealousy at Shawn and Camila's reaction.

When she finally caught sight of me, the smile grew tenfold and she made a move to walk over to me but of course, the teacher had to ruin everything.

"Alright, if you usually sit in the front half of the class, I want you on this side of the room!" He called out, pointing over to the side I was standing on, "And if you're at the back, the other side!"

Crap, that meant we were on different sides of whatever this is supposed to be

Her face looked crestfallen and she looked at me with an over-pronounced pout.

"As you can see, the tables are separated into two walls. Today we will be simulating trench warfare!" The teacher went on to explain, and it was then that I noticed the paper balls on either side of the room, evidently ammo in this 'battle'.

"This means war." I teased as I passed her, sending her a wink but she grabbed my hand on the way past and span me around to face her.

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you." She teased right back and put a hand on my shoulder, our others still connected, and leaned up to ghost her lips against mine. Did I forget to mention that she's my girlfriend? Oops.

"Ladies! No PDA in my classroom! How many times do I have to tell you?" Mr Thompson sighed and the room erupted into cheers and 'oooh's as I pulled away and made my way to my 'trench'.

He went on to explain the rules, but I was a little distracted by the way Shawn had trapped Camila between the legs of some of the tables and was still complimenting her appearance, I guessed by the way he was blatantly looking me up and down. When he winked at her, I may or may not have lost my chill and reached down for a paper ball, lobbing at his head and sending him flinching backwards. The class started laughing as Shawn looked at me confusedly, and Mila just smirked over her shoulder. Oh, she knew what she was doing.

"Y/n, you have one more warning and then you'll be out of my classroom and you'll miss out on this activity." The history teacher informed me and I nodded my head and apologised for interrupting while everyone else was still laughing.

He then read an excerpt of a letter from a soldier from the trenches or something; again, I wasn't listening.

Before long, a whistle was blown and people started throwing paper balls left right and center. Being on the softball team, as cliche as it is, I have a good arm. I 'killed' at least four people before I got hit, and dramatically fell to the ground to receive another round of laughter. Yes, one of those four people was Camila. What? She said she'd go easy on me, not the other way around.

"I should break up with you," Camila muttered sarcastically as we moved to collect all the stranded ammo when the round came to an end.

"You wouldn't!" I feigned a gasp and she slapped my arm jokingly before a look of realisation spread over her face.

"We should skip." She suggested under her breath and I stole a paper ball from under her hand.

"But we're literally not doing anything this class period." I pointed out and tossed a ball at her face, making her yelp and then complain.

"Fine." She muttered, "I take back what I said earlier."

Uh-oh.

The next round was all out war, and she and I were the last people standing.

"Why don't we just make a treaty?" I called out from where I crouched behind my trench. The teacher chuckled and the rest of my teammates gathered the remaining ammo for me, I'm pretty sure that was cheating but whatever.

"Depends on what you're offering." She informed me and I could practically hear the smirk in her tone.

"How about... you get to date me?" I joked, standing and holding my empty arms out. The other students all 'ooooh'ed since we were now standing and facing one another, and it was a real showdown.

"Nice try." She grinned and threw a ball my way, but I expertly dodged it.

"Nice try." I mimicked and starting throwing them like there was no tomorrow, tossing more and more over the tables until my arm began to ache and I ran out. After the last ball, everyone started cheering loudly and I leapt up to see Camila shaking her head and laughing.

"Did I get you?" I questioned and she nodded, making me punch the air and leap over the tables towards her, ignoring Mr Thompson's scolding.

"The offer of that treaty still stands," I said calmly once I'd reached her, and she looked up at me with a cheesy smile.

"I already get to date you, doofus." She laughed and pushed my shoulders, and I wrapped her in a quick hug. The bell rang signalling the end of class and I patted her backside before swinging my backpack onto my shoulders, holding my hand out to her, and walking her to class.