38. Ace

[Inspired by a prompt from just-another-otp-prompt-blog on Tumblr]

Camila's POV

"Oh my god." I breath, tapping Cat, my friend and coworker, on the shoulder and pointing discreetly, "Who's that?"

"Hm?" She hums before following my gaze, "Oh, that's Y/n. They started working here earlier this week, I think."

"I'm going to marry her." I declare, "I'm going to marry her and cherish her and have an adorable honeymoon and adorable kids and it's going to be perfect."

"Yeah, sure. Good luck with that." Cat scoffs and I look at her confused but also blushing because oops, I said all of that out loud.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question and she shakes her head before answering.

"You see that pin on her jacket? Right there, on the pocket?" She points in a similar way to how I had, and it takes me a moment before I do.

"Yeah?"

"That's the asexual pride flag. You ain't getting in her pants anytime soon." She explains and turns back to stocking the shelves.

I slap her on the arm playfully, "Hey! Who said anything about getting into her pants? I said I wanted to marry and cherish and have kids, not fuck her. I want to get to know her and love her and be cute with her."

"Did innocent Camila just cuss and talk about sex at the same time?" Cat gasps sarcastically and I slap her again, only to then hear a cough behind me.

I spin on my heels and see the girl in question standing behind us.

"Oh, sorry hi." I blush.

"Hey." She grins and I'm surprised I don't blurt out something about how cute she is, "I, um, came over for something but I think I need to leave with another."

"W-what?" I stutter and Cat makes a scene of 'forgetting something' and leaving us alone.

"I came to ask how to sign into the computer system but now I really need a name."

"A name?" I ask, not having processed what she'd said, and then my mouth makes an 'o' shape as I do, "Camila."

"Nice to meet you, Camila. I'm y/n, and I still need help signing in." She jokes, sticking out her hand for me to shake. I do that with a small grin.

"I can give you a hand." I offer and she nods before leading me to the front of the record and music store.

Y/n POV

The whole time I walk back towards the till with Camila following behind me -Camila, what a beautiful name-, all I can imagine is turning back around and telling her how pretty she is because she really is, and because I'm awkward like that.

"Thanks," I mutter once she starts looking at the computer screen at the top, the login screen glaring teasingly at me.

It takes a few clicks before she's in, and I groan at how stupid I must've been. She doesn't seem to notice as she turns around to face me with a broad smile on her lips.

"Fixed it." She proclaims with a smile.

"Shut up, you piece of useless crap." I grumble when a 'Have you forgotten your password?' pop-up appears.

Her jaw drops in shock and, probably, offence, so I quickly try to swallow my words.

"No, not like that!" I exclaim a little too loudly, holding my hands out in front of me, "I- I was talking to the computer, not to you, I swear."

Then she bursts out laughing and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. How? How is she so gorgeous and- just- ugh!? Then I decide I want something more than just her name.

"Camila...?" I mumble when she comes down from her laughter.

"Hm?" She hums, looking up from the floor where her gaze had fallen.

"Can I... do you want to go and get a coffee someday?"