29. My idiot.

(Adult language)

Grumbling quietly, I peel my reluctant eyes open and reach over clumsily for my phone, succeeding in nothing but knocking it off of the nightstand.

"Ugh!" I groan loudly, letting my arm fall of the side of the bed and hang limply, and then feel a shift in the bed beside me. Oops.

"Can you turn that off?" Camila asks, her voice slurred with sleep and muffled by the pillow she was burying her face in.

"Sorry." I mumble in reply and quickly sweep my hand across the floor in search of the little beeping device that woke me up. Eventually I find it and manage to turn of the alarm.

"I thought we were gunna skip today?" Shuffling over until her face is hiding in my neck and her arm is draped across my body, the brunette beside me questions in a voice a little clearer than before.

"Are we not?" I ask in reply, and she shifts again when I bring my arm back under the cover, resting it on her arm.

"Why the fuck did you set an alarm, then?" She grumbles tiredly, but I feel her smiling against my shoulder.

"Cause I'm a stupid fucking idiot." I grin back jokingly, and she laughs as she pulls herself ever closer to me.

"You're a warm idiot," She's quiet again, and when she strains her neck a little to look up at my face I look down at her, "But you're my idiot." She giggles, planting a peck on my cheek.

"I'm not sure if that was an insult or cute." I explain, and she giggles again.

I can't help but laugh a little too as I envelope her into a cuddle, "Well now of course it's the latter."

"Can you please be quiet." A small voice paired with a small knock at the door interrupted us and I roll my eyes at my younger sibling.

"You're supposed to be asleep, Eden." I grumble, but he must have already gone back to his room because we don't get a reply.

"I guess we're busted." Camila points out and my attention is on her again as she slowly runs her fingertips up and down my arm.

The plan was to pretend we'd slept through the alarm (aka I was supposed to turn off the alarm on my phone so we could 'sleep through it') so that we could get the day off of school. With my siblings at school and my parents at work, as well as Camila's so my own parents likely wouldn't like her to go home, we'd get the house to ourselves all day.

And what would a teenage couple do all day with a house to themselves?

Cuddle on the sofa under a thousand blankets and eat ice cream and watch movies.

Why? What were you thinking was going to happen?

"I guess we are. You can just pretend to be sick, though. Or we can 'miss the bus'." I think aloud, but Camila shakes her head.

"We already did all of those at least three times each. They'd probably catch on."

With a sigh, I reached down and patted her backside a few times before she rolled off of me and sat up, leading me to do the same.

"I guess we'd better get ready for school, then." I say through a yawn, and she stretches her back.

"I don't want to go to school, though. I want to spend all day with you." She pouts.

With a guilty look I lean over and place a quick kiss on her lips before pulling away and getting out of bed to start getting ready.

"I know, so do I. It's Friday though-"

"And I've got work on Saturday." She interrupts.

"And so we have Sunday, and  after work on Saturday too."

"I love you." Her grin is wonky and her eyelids still heavy with sleep, but I couldn't help but blush at her statement as she sits cross legged in my baggy shirt and her athletic shorts on my bed; a sight I never thought I'd see before we started dating.

"I love you too, baby."