two.

finn's pov

the school bus was getting dreadfully closer to my house, and before i knew it, here we were!

nick was home, dad wasn't. he was posing in the mirror, adjusting his cigarette and "muscles" (a/n: think billy from stranger things)

"yo dumbass, the fuck are you doing?" i laugh at him, and toss my backpack by the front door.

"shut up, shitstain."

"have fun getting a girlfriend with that attitude!"

nick rolls his eyes. "at least i get pussy. i bet you've never seen one in your LIFE."

i groan. "maybe i don't WANT to see one."

"oh, so now you're into dudes?"

"no..."

i sigh and head up to my room to play video games with my online friends, one of the only things i could do to escape everything.

i loose track of time and a few hours go by. i hear a rumbling of a truck pull in the driveway.

shit! dad's home! the trash isn't out!

i scramble to get up but it's too late. yelling erupts from downstairs. nick and dad are fighting. after a while it stops, and i sink back into my room.

i felt a migraine creep up in the back of my head, really not what i was in the mood for at all. i groan and hoist myself off my bed.

i open the cupboard in the bathroom and take out some advil, and gulp it down with water. putting the bottle back, i notice my mother's old necklace shoved in behind some other pill bottles. i put the advil back and carefully slip it out. it was beautiful, with a sliver chain and a ruby in the center. i put it back in the cupboard. maybe someday, i would find somebody to give it to. maybe.

placing the water back on the table, i feel an overwhelming sense of dizziness. time to go back to sleep.

originally published jan 4 2018
rewritten 8.5.19