part seven

y/n's POV

nicks walks out of the room and slams the door.

"so... uh... what do we do now?" finn asks.

i look at him. "what do we do? i have no idea! this is fucking insane!"

"well, we could start by buying some mcdonald's? i'm kidna cravin some right now." He suggests.

"you just got 40,000 dollars and you want Mcdonald's? we just fucking ATE..."

"okay, how's...chipotle?"

time skip bc y/n's fucking fattass gave in to chipotle
we were sitting in chipotle, and i take a long sip on my [drink of choice].

"so, what now?" i ask.
"let's run away." finn replies.
"what the fuck?" i reply.

"think about it. we have 40,000 bucks. your parents don't even notice when you're gone. mine, well, you know. just us. we can catch a bus to nyc - since it's only one state over from new jersey."

"i don't think..." i start to trail off, but something in me wants to say yes. "you know what? screw it. let's do it."

"i'm really liking this new rebellious side of you, y/n."

i giggle.

he pulls out his phone. "okay... so there's a bus ride. straight from here to nyc. tomorrow at 3 am. You down?"

"that's less than 12 hours away." i reply.

"and? you in or no?"

"... yeah. i'm in."

"great. now go home and pack. everything you want to remember. minus clothes. you can buy a whole new closet."

"are you sure this is a good idea?"

"no, and it probably isn't a good idea. is there anything wanting to keep you here?"

i sigh. "What if we get caught?"

he smiles. "trust me, we won't. meet me at the grocery store in the center of the town at 2 am tommorow morning with your suitcase. don't be late."

"okay."

later

finn's POV

i bought two one-way tickets to new york online & packed most of my bag already. most of the things left in the house were trash anyways. i went into the bathroom to get some Tylenol, when i took the bottle out, something metal fell out, and landed with a clank on the tile floor.

i set the bottle down, and went to pick up what had fallen on the floor. it was my mother's necklace. ismile, and stuff it into my pocket. maybe.

my bags were all packed and ready to go, and i was ready to go and meet up with y/n, but i walk out of the house slowly, really savoring the quiet, and the last time i'd ever be here.

~time skip again; wow I'm lazy~

i was waiting outside the grocery store, when a tired looking y/n walked up to me. she had on a huge backpack, and so did i.

"so, do you want some snacks or something while we go on the road trip?" i ask, and she nods.

We walk in to the store, and see [snack you like], which y/n immediately grabs.

we walk through the store, not seeing anything we want. Y/N got a sprite and i got a lemonade. We also got some candy and pretzels, but that was pretty much it.

we did self checkout at the store, and then walked over to the bus station because it was right across from the grocery store.

we waited outside for the bus to come. it was nice - there was just us and an older couple. i mean at this time of day - they could have been serial killers. but it was nice.

after a while, the bus pulls in.
we were really doing this.

"you ready?" i ask y/n and squeeze her hand.
she nods her head, and gulps.

word count: 636 :)
time uploaded: 11:33pm
reads on book: 1.2k (ily)
edited (yes or no): no

rewritten
words: 647
reads on book: 88.7k