part six

finn's POV
we're watching netflix. a show y/n likes. i don't know the name or much of what is going on.

she's using a blanket and has her knees up to her chest. she sees me looking at her and smiles.

i hear a car door slam shut. fuck, my dad was home. i look over at Y/N. she looks terrified.

i panic. What do I do?

i throw another blanket on top of her as i hear the door being unlocked. fuckfuckfuck. i don't care what happens to me, as long as Y/N doesn't get hurt.

my brother walks in.
"where's dad?" i ask, nervously,

"he got arrested." nick replies, bluntly, without looking at me.

"what for?"

now he turns and looks at me.
"i don't know. maybe because he's a goddamn DRUG DEALER."

i don't reply. i don't know what to say. he goes into the kitchen, opens and closes some cupboards, obviously looking for something. i worriedly look over at y/n.

"god, why is there no fucking food in this house?" nick yells.

"we could get takeout?" i suggest.

he pulls a box of Mac and cheese out of the cupboard.  "this will have to do." he sighs.

he puts three bowls of mac and cheese in the microwave.

"you can let your person come out of the blankets now. you aren't fooling me."

y/n slowly lifts the blankets off her head.
"i'm sorry this is so awkward."

she shrugs.

your pov!!

nick gives us each a bowl of steaming hot mac and cheese. "eat up, children. this is the best meal you will ever have. nick's homemade mac and cheese recipe."

finn smiled. "what you used to always make. my favorite."

there was an awkward tension between nick and finn, and eventually nick left out a small chuckle.

i stir around the mac and cheese with my spoon, looking into the bowl. it had a mixture of three different cheeses, i think, maybe, maybe just one expired cheese, and milk and some butter - or some shiny white thing?

finn must have noticed me, and looked at me and smiled. "It's not that bad."

i laugh, and shove a bite in my mouth. It felt like an explosion of cheese and milk. It was - a lot.

"do you like it?" Finn asks.

"it's good!" i reply, taking another bite.

nick stands up, ignoring his half eaten bowl of mac, and walks away.

"uh, that was weird." i whisper, and finn nods in agreement.

after a while, we hear a SLAM, finn telling me it was most likely from nick's bedroom door.

finn awkwardly scratches his head. "uh, well, thanks for listening to me today. it's the first time anyone has listened to me in a while."

bang bang bang! came from upstairs.
"somebody's in a mood." finn laughs.
– a few minutes later, nick emerged from his room -

"wait, what are you doing?" Finn asks, looking confused

nick, with a backpack on his back, a duffel bag in one hand, and a suitcase in his other hand, replied with: "i'm going."

finn looks confused. "Where?"

nick sighs. "Away." He slams a pile of cash onto the table.

"i'm over the age of 18. a legal adult. now that dad - the only thing keeping me here - is gone, i am getting the fuck out of here.

finn, here's your 40,000 bucks, it's your half of dad's illegal drug money. Use it wisely."

"uh, what the fuck, nick?"

"just lay low, finn. do not spend more than 100 bucks at a time. do not be suspicious. they think i'm still legally in charge of you."

"are you... coming back?"

"no. probably not."