part tem

Y/N's POV

i excitedly drum my fingers on the sides of the bus window, and then look down at them. they were starting to chip away, something i'd fix in the city.

the rain splattered against the outside, against the streets, but it was a calming rain. it wasn't  city yet, but it was like a peaceful welcoming into the city.

what was my life becoming? what was it going to become?

i'd miss my friends back at home.

would they miss me?

would my parents miss me?

would i ever see them again?

was this fucking crazy? running off with a boy i barely even know?

was this all a trap?

i look over at finn. he was asleep again. he was listening to something - or at least i he was. he had his headphones in still.

the bus was full - but thankfully everyone was quiet. i sink down into my seat, fully taking in what was happening.

we're doing this.

we're really running away.

...

"we're ten minutes away, holyshit." finn says, bouncing in his seat a little

i bite my lip. "shit, what are going to do? are we even ready orrrr...."

he sighs. "you don't need to be so uptight, you know."

i nod. " i'm just a little worried, i mean running away and all. leaving my whole life behind me y'know. normal stuff like that."

"its okay, i mean - i - i understand. but it'll be okay. there were more ups with leaving, right?"

" yeah, i guess so."

and before we knew it, we were there.

in new york city.

"You ready?" Finn asks, and grabs my hand.

i take a deep breath in, and nod.

...

"We should split up. I mean we can both do our own thing. Go to places we want. Go our own ways, explore NYC" Finn says.

"Ok." To be honest, i completely disagree. i wanted to look around nyc with him. but the last thing i wanted to do was fight him.

We were sitting in a small cafe. We had ordered some brunch food, and i was drinking some (coffee/tea) while scrolling through Instagram, on my new phone. We got new phones and changed SIM cards so we couldn't be tracked by our parents.

"So, i rented us a room for 3 weeks, only $4,000. meaning we have 35,000 dollars left! Its a pretty good one too! It has two beds. and a hot tub!! and a huge fridge, and even a pool downstairs!" " Finn exclaims.

"Nice." I nod, not looking up from my phone.

"Hey, are you OK?" Finn asks.

"Yeah." I lie.

...

The day wasn't that interesting. I'd gone by a few shops, but nothing i saw i was interested in. The rain had stopped, but the skies were still dull and gray, making the whole mood slighly more uninteresting.

I was sitting in the park, eating a hotdog and drinking some sprite, when Finn called me.

I balance both things in my lap, and click Answer. "hey, what's up?"