ten

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Self-Doubt And Reunions

━━━━━━━━

ATHENA RUBBED HER EYES to rid of her sleep as they pulled into a warehouse. She had nearly slept the entire way except for when Klaus stopped for bathroom breaks and to grab some snacks. Obviously, the snacks being innocent humans to which Athena made sure she didn't kill. But it didn't matter because Stefan finished the human off for her.

The girl kept telling herself that killing those werewolves was for the best. She had to grow up and get over it, moving on. Her family was one of the most powerful beings in the entire world and she had to learn that there would be times where she would have to kill to survive.

Klaus stopped the car and they all got out.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan," he said.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked as the three went over to one of the doors.

Klaus opened it and through it, you could see the tall buildings that caressed the sky. Athena gazed and rubbed her eyes again.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus replied.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Stefan was silent as he thought over, trying to remember even the smallest detail, but couldn't. "Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it," Stefan told him, walking away from the door.

Athena sighed. "Can we just get down to business, please? I kinda still tired."

"Soon sister," Klaus replied, closing the door.

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asked.

Klaus smirked and started to walk back to the car. "We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her."

Athena and Stefan watched him and then the younger hybrid sighed.

"I'm surprised any witch likes you."

---

She had gotten the rest she needed and the next morning, Klaus drove her and Stefan to an unfamiliar place. It was a bar and Athena didn't feel so sure about going inside, considering that she was underage But once they entered, she realized that the place was empty and the blinds were closed, making the place look dim. It was completely quiet which unnerved her.