eighteen

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

The Only Exception

━━━━━━━━

Above is Athena's outfit for the ball

━━━━━━━━

SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT to think. Athena had spent nearly a thousand years in a coffin, to be brought back, only to realize that the person who put her in the coffin in the first place was her own mother. Esther had explained to her that she had to. She said that it was the only way for Athena to meet him.

According to Esther, the witches told her that the male Nyx was on the other side. So, they told her to put Athena into a deep sleep so they could meet. Though Athena had already told her mother that she remembered nothing from the other side, Esther tried to jog her memory. Athena was now curious because that meant that the male Nyx was dead. But Esther had told her not to worry about that which only raised questioning.

The rest of her undaggered siblings had found out that she was a hybrid and the female Nyx. Despite her worries, they still loved her just the same. Athena was happy that her family was together once more. However, she got a feeling like it wouldn't last for long.

Athena bounded down the stairs with a huge smile. She walked into the living room where Rebekah was getting her nails painted, Kol was getting his suit ready, and Finn and Elijah were also getting ready.

"Good morning," she greeted.

Her siblings turned to her with equal smiles. "Good morning."

She went over to Rebekah and sat next to her. Athena leaned over to marvel at the color of her nails.

"So pretty."

Rebekah smiled and then turned to the compelled human. "I want you to paint my sister's nails. And make them better than mine. You better not mess up."

The human didn't react and immediately started painting Athena's nails. The girl smiled and looked up at Kol who was still fixing his suit.

"Athena? Tell me how handsome I am."

She laughed. "Sorry. One must not tell lies."

Her siblings grinned and laughed with her while Kol rolled his eyes playfully.

"Haha, very funny."

Athena continued to smile. This is what she'd be dreaming of for months. And she couldn't believe that her dream had come true. She had begged and begged for her family to be undaggered so she could see them again. And here they were. It was just like old times and the thought made Athena's smile stay in place.