thirty

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Embracing One's Self

━━━━━━━━

A ROADTRIP, NOW this? Athena was deciding whether she should just leave or not. However, Stefan had invited the Mikaelson sisters to join them on their journey for the cure. Klaus was stuck in the Gilbert house which meant the two could do whatever they wanted. So Rebekah and Athena joined the others for a trip to an island off the coast of the Nova Scotia mainland.

Elena Gilbert was the first person Athena was hoping would die on the island. Unfortunately, it didn't seem like she would be getting what she wanted anytime soon. Stefan was tying a rope to a log to keep the boats in place while Athena glared at Elena who was passing by.

"You know, you're not really helping," Stefan told her.

The girl didn't turn to him as she continued to stare. "You telling me you can't tie a knot?"

"You giving Elena the evil eye, it's not really helping."

She scoffed. "She killed my brother, tried to get you to put a dagger in my sister's back. Let's just say that me giving her the evil eye is much more than giving her mercy."

Elena stopped walking but didn't turn to her. "You know I can hear you, right?"

Athena faked a smile. "You know listening to your voice makes anyone lose brain cells, right?"

The doppelganger flashed to her but the hybrid was faster and grabbed her arm, bending it to the side. Athena smirked, showing her violet eyes and vampire face. "Try to kill me, I dare you. You'll have every last werewolf in existence coming after you. And you'll have my family coming after you too." She let go of her arm and left, going over to Rebekah.

Shane had directed them to start hiking. Athena stayed next to her sister who insisted she'd keep an eye on her little sister. The girl didn't appreciate that, fighting the argument that she could take care of herself. Rebekah wouldn't budge.

"Satellite phone lost its signal," Shane announced.

Damon replied, "Well, that's a good sign."

"Is anyone else a little creeped out?" Elena questioned.

Athena rolled her eyes. "Yes, do leave. Your presence makes me want to jump off a cliff."

Stefan sighed. "Please don't start."

The girl smirked at him. "I only speak the truth."

One thing was for sure, their little field trip wasn't going to be very fun. Considering that Athena would be forced to sleep in the same area as Elena and Damon. She had already stated that she couldn't promise to not throw both of them off a cliff and leave them for dead. Rebekah simply smiled.