twenty

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Reawakened

━━━━━━━━

FOR ONCE IN A long time, the Mikaelson siblings were shocked. Never had they imagined something like this would happen. They had lost their sister over a thousand years ago and they just got her back. Their innocent, bright, and youngest sister at the age of thirteen was back in their lives once more. But this person that sat on the couch in the Mansion couldn't be their sister. It just wasn't possible.

Athena had an empty glass of blood in her hands and her siblings stood in front of her. They stared and she pretended not to notice. It was like hundreds of blazing hot knives were being stuck in her head.

"Would you guys please stop staring?" she asked.

They all jumped up in surprise and Athena sighed, knowing it was because of her voice. Her voice was much more mature and didn't sound child-like anymore. On top of that, her brown hair had grown longer and wavier, the clothes she previously wore no longer fit her, her legs had become longer, and her face had shaped to be more adult-like. But, despite her appearance being completely different, her personality was still the same.

However, the Mikaelsons had to face the truth; this person that sat in front of them was their baby sister. Athena before could easily pass as a thirteen or fourteen-year-old. But now? Now she could easily pass as an eighteen-year-old; maybe even a nineteen-year-old if she got lucky.

"Is it really you?" Kol asked.

Athena looked up at them with her blue eyes. She smiled slightly. "Yeah. It's really me."

"How do we know it isn't another one of mother's tricks?" Rebekah questioned, gesturing toward her.

"It's not."

Rebekah looked at her with narrowed eyes. She walked forward and snatched the empty glass. "Then prove it."

Athena nodded and then thought for a moment before she said, "When we were younger, I caught you sneaking out to see a boy from the village. You made me promise not to tell and I did. You came back the next morning and no one knew you even left."

The boys looked at Rebekah but she wasn't paying attention to them as she barreled toward Athena.

"It really is you!"

Her sister didn't hug back. "Um, yeah, it's me. Now can you please let go? You're suffocating me."

Rebekah let go and wiped a tear that fell from her eye. "What did she do to you?"

Athena was taken aback and it didn't go unnoticed by her siblings. The youngest sibling wasn't angry about what Esther did surprisingly. She felt useless when she looked like nothing but a child. She couldn't do much; she couldn't fight. Now she could. Athena could fight for her family like she'd always wanted to. Plus, now, Athena could go looking for him, just like Esther said.