fourteen

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

Demons That Look Like Angels

━━━━━━━━

"SHE'll BE DEVASTATED."

Damon rolled his eyes. "Just tell her it's for the greater good!"

Rebekah glared. "My sister is going to lose one of her pack mates. Her brother. My brother. She'll hate me."

"You'll be there to pick up the pieces. She'll get over it."

Rebekah didn't reply as Stefan spoke up.

"He'll want Athena to confirm that Mikael is really dead. Klaus trusts her more than anyone because she's loyal to him."

"So what? You want me to convince my sister to go along with a plan to kill Nik? I can't lie to her, she'll know I'm lying and I refuse to break her heart," Rebekah told them.

The older sister could not bear to see the look on her little sister's face once she realizes that she betrayed her. Athena would hate for sure. The bond that the two shared was strong, they were both hybrids, the only ones who understood each other. Rebekah couldn't lie to her.

"You're going to break her heart anyway," Stefan pointed out.

"I'm not going to lie to her."

And with that, Rebekah turned on her heel and left the Boarding House.

---

Athena had gotten a call from Stefan while she was in the woods. He had told her that Mikael had come to town to kill Klaus, though the hybrid wasn't in the small town. Stefan had said that Mikael was stabbed and desiccated and that he was going to tell Klaus, but that Klaus would need proof of their father being dead.

So, naturally, the youngest Mikaelson agreed and went back to the Boarding House. However, she was unaware that she had been lied to by her fellow pack mate.

The door was unlocked so Athena let herself in, walking into the living room where she saw the one and only dead body of her father. She gasped in shock, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

Damon looked like he was fighting back a glare and Elena didn't bother to hide her disgust at her presence. The doppelganger now had several reasons to hate the young girl, so no one could blame her and question as to why she hated Athena.