eleven

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

The Legend That Became Reality

━━━━━━━━

Flashback

THE WHOLE FOREST WAS DEATHLY QUIET. The trees stood still, no wind blowing through them, the animals were scurrying around, due to them not being awake, not even the sound of his shoes hitting the ground. He had acquired quiet steps in the few years he had been on the Other Side, though it feeling like he had been there for centuries. But he had finally found another person, it being a girl the age of 13.

Thomas knew that a girl that young wouldn't handle being dead so easily. At least, he thought she was dead. There was no telling really. Athena was quiet, never really talking much. But he always tried to talk to her, trying to get her to smile, to no avail. However, that didn't mean he ever gave up.

A sniffle broke his thoughts and he instantly knew who it was, for he been looking for her for a while.

The red-headed boy walked over to a tree nearby and peered around to see Athena, her body pushed against the tree, knees to her chest, head down, as she sobbed. He smiled sadly and sat next to her, bringing the girl to his chest.

"Hey, shh. It's alright," he hushed, rubbing her back to comfort her.

"I miss them so much," she sobbed.

"I know you do. But hey, look at me." Athena's body started to shake for her crying and she looked up at him. "I'm here ok? I'm going to help you get through this. We are going to get through this together. Ok?" She nodded and sniffled. "Now come here."

Thomas wrapped his arms around the girl that was so much smaller than he was and held her tight.

And neither of them knew that years ahead, the two of them would mean so much to each other.

---

Present

To say she felt uncomfortable was an understatement. She hadn't worn a dress for over a thousand years and this one wasn't as loose as her old dresses. Athena couldn't lie though, it was beautiful, just the fact that it made her feel like she was suffocating, didn't appeal.

Rebekah finished trying on her dress and spoke up from the changing room.

"There has to be more to this dress," she insisted.

"There's not," Klaus told her, sipping his glass of champagne.

She walked out of the fitting room in a short black dress. Stefan looked up at her as she spoke. "So women in the 21st-century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."