twenty-six

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

One Thing

━━━━━━━━

DAYS HAD PASSED since Athena saw Klaus. In that time, she had fed on humans, building herself a tolerance for blood that she was proud of, to say the least. She had also spent a lot of time in the woods again. Athena had stayed a wolf for hours each other, just getting used to the feeling.

When an unfamiliar scent passed her one day, Athena had met a werewolf named Hayley. The older female was in shock after learning that the younger girl was the female Nyx. She had quickly become friends with her, much to Tyler's disappointment. Athena liked her sarcasm.

Rebekah had found a new place for the two girls to stay in after the event Athena had with Klaus. So the two girls moved into their new Mansion. While her sister threw a party, Athena had taken another run. But while she returned back home, she caught a conversation between Klaus and Damon about the hunter named Connor.

Now, Connor was someone she hadn't gotten the chance to meet. All she knew what that he was a hunter that shot Tyler and was basically here to kill them. It didn't bother her that much considering that Athena wasn't worried about dying.

However, when she heard Damon's offer to Klaus about how he was going to kill the hunter, Athena couldn't pass up the opportunity to cause some chaos.

She arrived at the hospital just in time to witness Connor get shot in both arms with arrows. Damon and Klaus were there. Connor leaned down to pick up his gun but Athena flashed in and threw it across the room and at her brother who dodged it.

The two saw her. Damon looked pleasantly surprised while Klaus looked angry. It wasn't because he was still mad at her (which he wasn't), it was because she was putting herself in danger. Connor looked up at her.

Athena smirked. "Hello, there." She looked up at the other two. "Miss me, brother?"

He still didn't look happy. "Run along, sister. Let the men handle this."

She let out an amused laugh. "Sorry, Nik. I can take care of myself." Athena went around the hunter to stand behind him. The heels she wore went into his back and she pushed Connor down, making him grit his teeth in pain. "Does that hurt?"

Connor hissed in pain. "If you are going to kill me, get on with it."

Klaus calmed, knowing his sister had a point. He decided to follow along with her, provoking Connor as well. "Well, let's not be too hasty. I feel like we're just getting to know each other!"

Athena raised an eyebrow at him but then removed her heel from Connor's back. He sighed in relief from the pressure. She definitely left a bruise on him. Damon twirled a piece of parchment in his hands. "Let's start with the basics. Where are you from? What do you know? Maybe you can cue me in on this "greater evil," because I've fought these two-" He pointed at the Mikaelson siblings "-and there's nothing more evil than these two right here."

Klaus took the letter and Athena replied to Damon's comment. She smirked. "He has a point. We're pretty powerful."

"I'm not telling you anything," Connor denied. "And - if you think if you kill me, it's gonna be over - there's another waiting to take my place."

Damon threw his hands up at the two hybrids. "See, this is what I like to hear; vague threats, ominous prophecies, disappearing tattoos."

Both of their smirks disappeared. "Tattoos?"

The Salvatore waved it off. "Don't bother, you can't see the damn thing."

Connor didn't reply to that comment. Athena watched as her brother gave her a look. She knew what he was saying. Whatever this tattoo was, it was bad news. Athena went back over and crouched down in front of Connor. "You're an interesting one aren't you?"

He went to stake her but he was too slow so she easily caught his arm. Athena stood, looking offended. "Wow! Trying to hurt a lady." She twisted his arm back so he dropped the stake.

Klaus saw the markings on the wood and immediately recognized it. "You're one of the Five."

The other two looked confused. "The what?"

While they were preoccupied, Connor was about to pull the string on the bomb when Athena and Damon both noticed. Damon flashed out of the room, taking Klaus with her. The bomb exploded, sending a massive fireball dispersing.

Athena helped him up and they watched the room engulfed in flames. When she looked to the side, she saw Connor being helped in a death grip by Klaus. She cursed and shook her head, going to leave when her brother stopped her.

"What Nik?!" she questioned, spinning back to him.

He looked apologetic. "About what happened... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten so angry with you."

The apology was hard to dismiss. Even though she was trying to be tougher, it didn't mean she didn't take her brother's plea to forgive him. So that's what she did. Athena forgave him and then the two went to Connor's trailer.

On the way there, Klaus had explained to her all about The Five. Including how Rebekah had a thing for one of them which didn't surprise her. Athena actually laughed because that was something Rebekah would do. Klaus was glad his sister was back.

When they arrived back at the trailer, Klaus set Connor down and the hunter began to wake up. He looked around with a confused look but then saw the two.

Her brother smirked. "Congratulations, you just became worth more to us alive than dead."

Connor looked confused still. "What-what did you mean when you said I was one of the Five?"

Athena faked a frown. "Pity. He doesn't know his own history." She looked back over to Connor. "It's your lucky day. You just became the most-protected vampire hunter in town."

———

The girl threw her keys down on the table and took off her jacket. "Rebekah!"

Her sister appeared in front of her with a scolding look. Athena sighed and rubbed her forehead, ready for the interrogation she was going to receive. "Where were you? You were supposed to be back hours ago."

Athena crossed her arms over her chest and debated with herself. But, of course, she couldn't keep a secret from her sister for long. "I was with Nik and Damon. Turns out the hunter is one of The Five."

Rebekah went over to her and embraced her. She was shocked for a few moments before she returned to hug. "I just glad you are alright. The Five are dangerous."

They pulled away and Athena nodded. "Yeah, Nik told me about them."

Her sister rubbed her cheek fondly. "I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this."

Athena took her hand and held it. "It's worth it. Because I got you guys back." Rebekah smiled and then they hugged again.

She had changed, no doubt. But one thing that didn't change was her love for her siblings. That was one thing that would never disappear.

———

Chapters will range from being short to long from now on!

Remember To Vote On This Chapter

Comment Your Thoughts

And Follow Me For Updates!