8

/next day/
As I sat in my room doing my hair, I got a text from jack.

Jack: what do you want to do today?

Camari: idk I'm bad with decisions🙃

Jack: ok I'll pick you up😌

Camari: kk
Read 2:30pm

I was still thinking why he would want to hangout with me, like he knew me for like 3 days.

I threw on a blue hoodie, high wasted jeans and my slide on vans. I don't wear make up since I'm too lazy to take it off when I'm done.

After I was done, I waited for Jack. 5 minutes later, I heard a car pull up in my drive way. I fixed up my hair and met him at the door.

Before he could knock on the door, i opened it. "Hey" he said awkwardly raising his balled fist. "Hi" I smiled.

I noticed that I'm always smiling whenever he talks to me. "Ready to go" he asks and I nodded.

I followed close behind him to his moms car. "So what are we doing today" I asked as I buckled my seatbelt.

"Roller skating"he said as he mimicked my actions. Too bad that I didn't know how to skate, that's gonna be one good show.

Once we were at the rink jack and I rushed in. The whole car ride was me looking down at my phone while jack occasionally looked over at me.

We got our skates and jack put his on. I was hesitant about it. I didn't want to make myself look like a fool in front of jack.

"What's wrong" he said looking at me as he tied the skates. "I don't know how to skate" I frowned.

I probably ruined the whole date. Wait, this isn't a date. It's just two friends hanging out, nothing more.

"I'll teach you" he smiled. I felt a blush creep on to my cheeks as I put on the skates.

Stop Camari, he has a girlfriend, he wouldn't want to date his sisters friend anyway.

As I stood up, I instantly feel back. I wondered why my body hasn't hit the ground yet until I looked up and saw that jack caught me from falling.

"This is going to be so embarrassing" I said as he helped me balance myself. "I won't laugh" he said. "Much" he continued and I glared at him.

He literally dragged me to the rink. It had a few people in there but there was enough space for us to skate together.

"Just put one foot in front of each other and glide" he said as I held onto the railing for dear life.

"Easy for you to say" I said. "Just try" he said as he held out his hands for me to hold. I quickly moved my hands to his.

"One foot in front of each other" he said as he skated backwards and I struggled in front of him.

I started to get the hang of it but my balance needed some work on it. he stared to let go and my skates went crazy.

"Don't let go" I said he I gripped his hands tighter. It felt so right holding his hands, but I couldn't enjoy it.

"How are you going to learn if you don't try by yourself" he chuckled. I closed my eyes and let go of his hands.

I did what he told me to do and I was actually skating. Jack stayed close behind me. A smile crept on to my face as I learned.

I raised my arms up in victory, instantly regretting that I did. My legs kicked up as I fell backwards.

Preparing to hug the floor, I felt arms wrapped around my body. I opened my eyes to see jack staring at my face.

He was REALLY close.