9

His minty breath wandered around my nose. I looked down at his plumped lips wanting to kiss him. His hands on the spine of my back molded into the perfect fit.

Then realization kicked in.

"Thanks for catching me" I said breaking the silence. "Thanks for being such a catch" he said as he helped me get my balance straight.

The same blush that he kept creating covered my cheeks.

He has a girlfriend, stop being so happy

I sighed as all of the thoughts clouded in my head. We continued to skate hand and hand. I was enjoying it for most of the time until I kept repeating that he has a girlfriend.

We got off of the rink And skated to the snack line.

"I'll have a soda and a medium fry " I ordered as I got my money out to pay. Jack shoved a $10 dollar bill in front of her.

I glared at jack as he smiled at me. "You two are a cute couple" the old lady said as she took his money.

My eyes widened. "Oh were not a c-couple" I stuttered out. Jack contained the same smile on his face as the lady gave him his change.

"Aww that's a shame, you guys would be cute together" she replied as she went to go get my drink.

I pursed my lips together and looked down at my feet so no one could see my redden cheeks.

"You didn't have to do that" I said. "This is my treat to you, for hanging out with me " he said as the lady handed me my order.

"Yeah but don't do that again" I said as we walked off. "That's just gonna make me do it even more" he said taking a fry and skated back the rink.

I leaned against the rail and ate my food while I watched him skate around. He started dancing causing me to burst out laughing.

As he was dancing, a small kid that looked about 5 or 6 fell behind him. He helped her up and skated with her.

He held her arms as he helped her skate. He looked at me and smiled. I returned the smile. The girl was giggling at how he was dancing while helping her.

He's good with kids.

I threw away my trash and headed back to the rink. This time, not needed help. I skated around by myself moving to the beat of the music that echoed through the place.

I was getting better at skating so I started rocking my hips to the beat. I felt hands on my hips as I was skating.

I looked over my shoulder to see a smirking jack. I gave him the "really" look as he giggled.

/1 hour later/

Once we were done at the rink, Jack drove me back to my place. "I had a good time" I said breaking the silence in the car.

"Me too" he nodded in agreement. We pulled up to my house.

"I guess I'll see you around" he said raising his arms up as if he was going to hug me. "I guess you will" I said as I walked into his welcoming arms.

My head laid against his chest as my nose took in the scent of his cologne. It felt good being in his arms but something kept ringing in the back of my head.

Can't you understand he has a girlfriend?

I pulled away and went inside my house. I looked over to see my mother on the couch smirking.

"Who was that" she asked. "Nobody" I nonchalantly said. "Ooh do you have a boyfriend" she cooed.

I wish

"No, he was just a friend" I said blushing. "Ok" my mom said giving up the topic.

I went in my room and ran to my bed stuffing my face into the pillow.

I felt myself smiling hard, and I couldn't stop.

I guess sometimes I just can't help myself.