one.

haydens pov

as i walked to the end of the line with my head down, i felt my heart drop. ive been treated like this for years by Julianna Grace LeBlanc. i know you're probably wondering why.

years ago, kindergarten, and first grade, annie and i were inseparable. we grew up together. we were the best of friends, we did everything together. we mostly loved to sing together. our song was little do you know.

but in second grade, that all changed. annie met lexi jayde. one of the schools most popular kids. annie was with lexi more than me. so we slowly drifted. we went from talking everyday, to every other day, to every week, to every month, to never.

lexi jayde soon moved, and i thought i'd get annie back as my best friend, but i didnt. because there came mackenzie ziegler, then dylan conrique. it was always that trio. since third grade.

i had to make new friends. meeting new people was fun, but i missed annie. i still miss her. i met, lauren and johnny orlando. we immediately clicked. but i could never move on from annie. when we'd see each other, she'll give me a slight smile, and walk off.

but that changed. After Annie found lexi jayden, kenzie and dylan, she became more rude and disrespectful. she turned into someone I thought she'd never be. she would push me around, and would always call me names, and she'd be so mean to me. but I'd take it.

did I mention that shes dating Carson Leuders, the schools biggest player, best football player. he cheated on her so many times, and annie knows it, she just doesn't want to break up with him because she doesn't want to lose her perfect reputation.

she deserves better.

until this day, six grades later, im still nice to her, and I'll continue to be here for her, even if we arent best friends.

april tenth, 2010 i made a promise to annie grace leblanc. and it was that, ill be her bestfriendforever, no matter what happens.

i still live up to that promise. but i dont think she does.